Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DIY Hot Zone Fence for Food Plots---How To Video

Hey all! A few of us went to our Illinois farm in early May, and put together a step-by-step set up video for a DIY Dual Perimeter Hot Zone Fence. We figured this could be useful for those that are thinking of doing something similar. The video is a bit lengthy, but we think you'll enjoy. All in, you can have a similar set up for around $600 per fence location (larger plot, more $), and you can use the same materials year after year.

We feel Hot Zone Fences are 100% a worthwhile investment. We're open to suggestions on ways to improve it!

Thanks for sharing that video, that was well done. Shouldn't you also have a hot inside wire since you continued the tape from the outside to the inside?
I've seen where some put a double inside strand, I myself have used a double outside strand with a single inside strand. Lots of ways to do it.
Nice that you included costs and different post comparisons. I might have to go the pigtail route, I use all t posts today.

Thanks for sharing that video, that was well done. Shouldn't you also have a hot inside wire since you continued the tape from the outside to the inside?
I've seen where some put a double inside strand, I myself have used a double outside strand with a single inside strand. Lots of ways to do it.
Nice that you included costs and different post comparisons. I might have to go the pigtail route, I use all t posts today.

Glad you enjoyed it. Good catch---yes, the inside wire was hot as well. Last year we didn't make it hot, but this year we did by connecting the tape from the outside to the inside. With that said, if someone didn't want to electrify the inside, I don't think it matters all too much...as long as the outside is juiced, it should work well. Highly recommend the pig tails. Thanks again for watching!

Top Bottom