DNR asking for input on license fee increases

Discussion in 'Legislative Forum' started by Rjack, Aug 3, 2018.

?

Are you in favor of the DNR fee increases?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. Daver

Daver PMA Member

What? No fishing? You used to be a regular catfish killer, didn't you? :)

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. 2.5YR8

2.5YR8 New Member

If I have to pay more I will. The problem I have is the lack of a state park fee, and the fact that quite a few of the new bike trails and proposed ones are running through public hunting ground on the river corridors. Most of this ground was bought and is maintained using the funds from our licenses. Some of these areas are now bow only, or you can't hunt within in so many yards of the trail.

4. fatboy

fatboy Well-Known Member

I would like to see park fees come back like the had in the 80's, don't know why they did away with them? Everyone should pay to play. And license bikes once a year to help pay for the trails.

5. flugge

flugge PMA Member

^^ I ride bike quite a bit, and would LOVE to see this. Why not make the bike riders pay 5 dollars or 10 dollars a year. We use the roads, I would love more trails in my area. Help fund more things. Also the state park pass as I mentioned earlier, just why not help build everything with everyone that is truly using it. If you use public areas, pay the habitat fee or something like that

6. Rjack

Rjack PMA Member

The responses don't seem to line up with the votes. What is the rational for voting no? I'm truly interested.

wildlife@dnr.iowa.gov is the email to send comments. Please do.

I just sent mine. In support of the fee increases. I did suggest state park user fees and reducing youth deer/turkey tags - or at least holding them where they are. Both good ideas from this thread.

OOBoneCollector likes this.
  7. meyeri

meyeri PMA Member

I emailed them in support of the increase as well. Ultimately, the wildlife populations suffer when states are underfunded. We got a good thing going in Iowa and we need to keep it that way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rjack likes this.
  8. deerhunter93

deerhunter93 Active Member

I just sent an email as well. Hopefully there is a good amount of support for this.

Rjack likes this.