Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

double bull blinds

muddy

Hey all, I was just thinking with all this warm weather that the season is almost here. I wanted to pose a question...do you guys think that those double bull blinds make it too easy to kill turkeys? Don't get me wrong you'd have to beat me senseless to get mine away from me but after I got one my success went up dramatically. I hunted 4 years with several misses and then I got a blind and killed 2 birds in 2 years in 2 shots. I love the thing! Thumbs up to the double bull boys and their wonderful invention!

MW

ps, did any of you check out their hunting videos at DB archery? VERY amusing!

We have one and my father killed his turkey out of it this past year(01' season). He really liked it other than the camo pattern we have on it is more of a fall pattern and in the spring it looks kinda yellow out in the woods. After he noticed it he camoflaged it up and it looked better and it fooled the turkeys. However we don't know about the deer becuase we never had one walk by us out when we were hunting in it. Have you ever used the camo shoot through netting for archery? We have some but haven't got to shoot through it yet. How does it work?

Deerslayer22788

P.s. That it incredible on how he shoots a prairie dog at 50 or so yards. Also I love the turkey hunts they do out of that thing. IT'S INCREDIBLE!!!!:0)

I don't like blinds! I like to have a bigger challenge! Then I makes the kill a lot better!!!!
Those birds have incrediable eye sight! I had on come in on me across afield like 200 yards away, and it saw me lift up my gun. I couldn't believe it!
It's still awesome! I think turkey hunting is a lot harder than deer!!!!

I've never used netting in the holes of my blind, usually I brush my blind in with multiflower rose branches once they start to green up a little bit. I've had deer get pretty close to me (15 yards) while in my blind but they always seem to pick it out if it's not really brushed in. I suppose if I was gunna deer hunt out of it I'd really brush it in and probably cover all the windows with mesh, but treestands are my cup of tee when I'm whitetail hunting! Do you have the skyline apparation camo on your blind or the new predator camo they just came out with? I've seen the blinds with different patterns on them and the new predator is awesome...too bad I don't have another couple hundred $$ to throw around, I would have one of 'em! They sure make bowhuntin for turkeys easier, not fool proof, but easier.

MW

Jason-

If you want a bigger challenge try bowhunting the birds! I thought that one year and started with stick and string, 4 years later I was cussing every bird I saw! Then I got my blind and it was still tough but drawing back was a lot esier. The blinds also make extremely nice (dry) places to take naps! =)

muddy , i can tell you dont like your double bull blind, so I'll tell you what, I'll give you $5.00 and you can have my old blind in exchange for that double-bull blind, send me your address and I'll come over later to pick it up. thank you so much for the blind, I"ll try not to harvest more turkey than deer out of it ...................LOL.........J.B.

JayBee

=)

For $5, or even a used jawbreaker, I'll sell you my old springsteel blind. You'll have to pry my DB from my cold, dead fingers.

MW

muddy............just kiddin......those blinds are the best and easyest to set up, i hunted out of one at RAY EYES deer camp this past fall. I really liked it...........I better start saving my money again.......ever-where u go ,someone is making a better mouse trap ......thanks for the laugh ....j.b.

jaybee-

I figured you were kidding. At least you have a few months to save up before the spring season. Did you hunt out of the bigger blind that you go in and out of a corner or was it the smaller one that has a zipper in the back and a big mesh window in the front? I have the smaller one and I almost wish I had the bigger one cuz I go a little over 6 feet tall and sometimes it's kind've cramped in there. The bigger one is heavier though, not much but when you're packing as much crap as some of us gadget collectors get, not to mention the decoys and bow that little bit is VERY noticeable. If I can answer some ?'s for you I'd be happy to.

MW

jaybee

The big blinds are nice if you're hunting with more than 1 person in a blind. My buddy and I paired up in the smaller one, it was a tight fit, but it worked out fine. $450 eh? Sounds like they have gone up in price, the smaller blind was $300 when I got mine about 2 years ago or so. Oh well, you'll never need to replace it and you can use it for anything from hunting to taking pictures to taking the wife out hunting!
wink.gif
good luck on whatever you decide, you'll not regret it. If you do get one you should look into buying their hunting videos, there are 2 of them and they are very entertaining.

MW

muddy,we were hunting out of the big blind, he had three of them donated for JAKES DAY, the new fall pattern was killer, $450.00 is alot for a blind..........but I think it is worth it .....j.b.

The smaller blind has a shoot through mesh window, but I opt not to ruin it and shoot through the side windows. The bigger one doesn't have a mesh window but you can buy pieces of mesh to hang in any of the windows so you're more camoflaged. They use the smaller pieces in their hunting videos and it seems to work find. On turkeys you don't need to cover in the holes cuz they are stupid, deer on the other hand will pick up those holes from a ways away. I've had turkeys stick their head INTO my shooting holes last season, they then proceeded to pick at the flowers from the multiflower rose bush that I had tied to the side of my blind.
MW

Top Bottom