Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Double Bull Blinds

Bakes

I picked up a Double Bull BS51Z yesterday at Cabela's. I was wondering what you guys use to sit on or do you just sit on your knees? I see DB sells a seat on thier web page do any of you own one and how do you like it?
I couldn't find Onecam's post about leaves for the outside how did you guys like them last fall? And what about getting it scent free do you just set it up a few weeks in advance spray it with Ghost and leave it outside?
Do animals bother it if you leave it at your hunting spot overnight?

Thanks for your help I am new to this blind stuff as you can tell.
Nonres

I use one of those loungers from Wal-Mart. You know, the folding chairs. They are easy to pack, silent to sit in, comfortable for those long days in a blind and sits high enough to allow for good viewing.

1. Great purchase
2. Buy the chair(s) well worth the money and fit in the bag. I had a .25 inch tear in my first one that I just wanted fixed and sent it in and had a new one the same week.
3. I sprayed mine with Ghost...used two bottles but it works.
4. sneaky leaves are OneCam ans Vmans area.
5. animals don't bother it. I have left mine out for an entire season with no problems...
6. Buy the chair it is worth it.
7. Buy the chair it is worth it.
8. Shoot a great big buck out of it!
grin.gif

Now that I think of it though you are a pretty big cat (from what I have read) so you may want to ask someone of the taller category. It fits my 6 ft frame fine.

I'm with Limb- Buy the chair-it's worth it. I have two, one for me and one for my boys. I set up mine about a month before opening day and leave it up through out the season. I would suggest staking it down, and using the ties to tie it to a branch or fencepost. I set mine up in a corner along a barb wire fence, and a couple of days later when I went to check on it, it had blown into the fence
mad.gif
I also leave the chairs inside the blind as well as my carrylite decoy when I use it, saves packing things in and out.

Nonres, here's a quick tip. the DB chairs are great, but since i remember that you're what? 6 foot 4 inches or so?? buy a little bit bigger one somewhere. i have a similar stool for in my blind and the thing makes me sit so low that my ace is below my knees and makes them hurt VERY bad. of course the bigger chair will then cause you to carry the chair OUTSIDE of the carrying case. i also shoot off my knees when in the blind, i feel more steady. go to the store and check the chairs out, sit on one and see if you can maneuver good.

Hunter Specialties makes a very similar 3 legged stool with a back that is just a little taller than the double bull one. I have found that many taller shooters prefer the HS chair (and it's a little cheaper than the DB version!)

I am just a little guy, but prefer the 3 legged stool without a back. That way I can leave the stool in the ground and move myself to look out of the other windows. Of course where I hunt I have to expect anything from any direction. If it has a backrest you must move the stool to check a different direction.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I did some internet searching this morning and being as tall as I am, I am considering this one. Adjustable legs and swivel capabilities seems like I should be able to get confortable sooner or later. The blind is awesome I have set it up probably 20 times to get used to it finally getting the hang of it.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=26638&hvarSearchValue2=800&hvarSearchValue3=888&hvarSearchValue4=00&hvarTarget=search&AFID=befree&sourceid=00402390097897318836&cmCat=BEFREE

Nonres,
Something to consider with those is that the legs sink into the ground. I have owned two of those and have given both away. Just my opinion but I would look for something that has the pads on the bottoms. They will still sink but it is minimal when compared.
waytogo.gif

Nonres, I have the exact same stool. I will caution you that it squeaks pretty bad if not kept lubed with graphite, etc. It is pretty handy to use since it fits into the blind bag easily. I just wouldn't recommend in on a all day set up. Since it doesn't have a backrest, my back gets tired and sore after about 2 1/2 hours of sitting on it. Just my thoughts.

i have a similar stool and do not care for it much either. like Limb said it sinks into the ground. to solve that problem i used about a roll of duct tape on each bsae and kept wrapping it and wrapping it until the bases were about 2 inches across. works like a champ though i still think it's too short. good luck.

Top Bottom