Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Drop Away Rests

mole

I'm looking into a drop away rest for my feather max. What kind of luck has everyone had with thiers? Is any one brand better than the others? Looking for suggestions.

mole

Ive been using a trophy taker for three years now, no problems. I love the ease of tuning ruggedness of the trophy taker. Ask one cam, I twisted his arm a year ago and I havent heard a bad word yet !

Also a fan of the Trophy Taker. I have also heard good things about the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone rest but have yet to see one. I believe they are over $100 a piece. Yow!

Only have experience with the Trophy Taker and no complaints. Have also heard good things about the Muzzy Zero Effect. Thinking about trying one.

muddy,
As big of a fan of Muzzy as you are I am surprised that you have a TT.

Limb

Yeah, I love Muzzy but not the price associated with the zero affect...especially since someone at work is liquidating some of his archery merchandise and I got his other TT for $20. I forgot about the zero affect, that's another good drop away, the only problem is putting it on the bow, you have to watch a video to do it correctly!!

Only have had experience with the Trophy Taker, but heard good things about the Muzzy ZE. The Trophy Taker has been good for me.

Thanks for the info. It sounds like the Trophy Taker is pretty popular. I know One Cam and Bowman both use one. My biggest problem is that I'm a tightwad. I have four kids and a wife at home and its pretty hard to hide the new little toys I bring home. Any suggestions would help here as well.

Muddy,
Any chance you know anymore guys wanting to liquidate their supplies?

By the way how do I get the instant graemlins to work. I use a mac, maybe thats my problem.

mole

I have the NAP Quiktune 4000 on both of my Hoyt bows and they are working great. Good arrow flight etc. I have also used the Zero Effect when I had a mathews and it shot great as well. I would recommend either of the two with good results from both expected. I have heard some good things about the trophy taker mentioned above but have not used it. S220

I have been thinking about switching to a drop-away rest, and someone at CIA recommended the TrophyTaker. How much difference do they really make ? I'm an okay shot, but my groups could get a bit smaller. Thanks in advance for your input.

I use the muzzy zero effect and love it. You need to go somewhere to try or see these in action before you decide. I'm sold on the MZE.

Trap Door- I used one over a year ago. Very good rest, the only thing I didn't like was the rest dropping down and hitting the shelf. Was rather loud in my opinion. After putting the silencers on it it still made a noise. A lot quieter though. I guess I am old school and just feel that the Golden Key Platinum Premiere is still the best rest on the market. I know GK has a new drop away that works off a plunger system that when shot hits the buss cable and drops the rest. Around a C-note though. I also have heard many good things on the Trophy taker.

I like my NAP Quicktune as well. The arrow seems come off it very nicely. Had small problem with it when the cable guard got wet though. The arrow had a tendency to skip slightly while drawing it back. My contact at the pro shop said to try and keep the cable guard as clean as possible.

For what it's worth he also commented on the trap door, it works great except when the bow is held on a sharp angle downward. For example if the deer is directly or near directly beneath your stand (questionable shot anyway).
Maybe headgear can tell us the clinometer reading at that location.
wink.gif

Moleson,

I know how you can hide your toy
wavey.gif
s from your wife, keep them at my house. They'll be put to good use, I mean, kept safe!!!

Bowman

moelson

Sorry, I don't think he has anymore to liquidate. I just got lucky. Maybe try e-bay or something. Put up a wanted poster in the classifieds and maybe someone will help ya out.

We sell a lot of Drop -away Rests, One of the best I have found and use is the Muzzy Zero effect. It's about the only one I have found that NOTHING can happin to make your arrow fall off because of ANY reason!

I would definitely suggest purchasing your rest at one of our sponsors. You can probably find it cheaper somewhere else but having it installed by a professional is well worth the money.

what is the real advantage of a drop away rest I know less friction but are you gaining any speed or forgiveness - do they make muzzys to fit mathews with the rollers and not slide bars

razor4821,
The main advantage that I find is fletching clearance. I like the durability of vanes but would not use them in a hunting situation because the feathers were more forgiving.

Muzzy does make a ZE for the LX and the Legacy.

Top Bottom