Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Drop Away Rests

My motives for switching to the TT were purely for hunting.

- with slight modifications you can draw an arrow and make ZERO noise.

- again with slight modifications you don't have to worry about your arrow falling off the rest prior to or after drawing.

other benefits include additional forgiveness and increased fletching clearence. (neither of which I'm good enough to tell the difference)

The only down fall is they are a little noisier at the shot but I've almost eliminated most of it.

OneCam said it best, have a professional install your drop away. There's WAY more to it than meets the eye!!

Say, how do you quiet down your TT Limb & OneCam? I got 2 layers of felt under it and was looking for some other tips. I also got some shrink tube on the prong itself for the arrow. Anything else you can suggest??

There two ways to quiet down your tt.
First raise the body of the rest to the point that there is about .030" clearance between your riser and the arm and then install some adhesive backed foam tape between them.
The other way I've made them quiet is to set the rest back far enough that the arm falls behind the riser at the shot and makes no contact with the shelf.

I thought about those things, but wondered how that would affect the spring inside the rest if it kept firing all the way through? Would it wear out the spring or break if the spring kept flipping all the way?

I assume that by the time the spring would wear out it'd be time for some new type of rest that has come along. I may try bringing the rest back from the riser after some more suggestions. Thanks.

I've had my Golden Key Mirage drop on for a season now. And so far I love it. My arrow will not fall off, and it was easy to set up. It really tightened up my groups at 30 and 40yds. They also have excellent customer service. If it's broke they fix it, no questions.

Muddy,
The spring inside is roughly .025" wire dia. coil spring that only compresses 1/4 turn through the shot cycle. Even a low quality spring at this rate would out last your current bow.
Kale Heuton
iaarcher

Hey guys, I found a product that quieted my drop away very well. Jay Gregory sells a product called the "Tong Thong." It is designed for TM style rests but with some modifications, I made it fit my Trophy Taker. These are leather sleeves that fit over the launcher arms and it is ultra quiet through draw and shot. I cannot remember the name of his web site but I accessed it through Kisky.com link. Nothing I have found outlasts these things! After you get over the goofy name, you'll love the product.

Bowman

Top Bottom