Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DSD May have some Competition

jkratz5

Checked the Avian X turkey decoys out last night and have to admit they are in the words of Muddy "the cats ass". Not gonna say that it is as detailed as the DSD but it is very very close and I can role it up and pack it in and not have to carry a decoy bag. I pulled one out of the box and expanded and deflated it and it was supper easy and packed down as small as some of the foam decoys. Check them out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuRfZO-LWmI&feature=related

Kratz

I was just looking at those today, pretty awesome. I am like you, I hate carrying a big bag out there. Alot more reasonable on price than the DSD.

They do look really good. I like how the feathers are more raised than the DSD. It really looks like feathers ruffled up from 20 feet away. I don't like the wings as they seem too white but I bet you could dull them up a bit.

I have no problem paying $40 more for something thats made in the USA.

I work for a company that is unloading container after container of product. It just chaps my a$$ to think my co-workers are losing thier jobs to this.

Thats why I say they are just boat riders to me.......they took a long boat ride across the big pound.

Just my.02

was looking at those the other day. I like them, they look great.... but I'm not too big on having to blow them up, I already get out of breath easily... :D

Might have to get one or two!

Inflatable is lame, as I was told yesterday, one stray BB and you're screwed. Having to get a decoy out and blow it up when you strike a gobbler is going.g to waste time.

They look good but I wouldn't pay $80 for a blow up decoy.

Worst case scenario you could blow them up at home and carry them out the same as a DSD. I don't own one, just saying you actually have more options with these than you would with a DSD....which I own several of.

Worst case scenario you could blow them up at home and carry them out the same as a DSD. I don't own one, just saying you actually have more options with these than you would with a DSD....which I own several of.

I completely agree. A guy could also epoxy a poked hole in them as well but I wonder how well the seams would hold up after a couple seasons of rolling and unrolling, especially on some of those cold spring mornings?

I have not personally seen one, but from watching the videos they appear to be constructed of thick durable material. Time will tell though. If they hold up well, I'm guessing they will be very popular in a couple years.

I wonder how well the seams would hold up after a couple seasons of rolling and unrolling, especially on some of those cold spring mornings?

I wondered the same thing. They seem pretty durable, but I'm pretty hard on my gear and expect it to hold up for a long period of time. Maybe you should get a few, Mud and let us know!
:way:

I wondered the same thing. They seem pretty durable, but I'm pretty hard on my gear and expect it to hold up for a long period of time. Maybe you should get a few, Mud and let us know!
:way:

I hear Thomas Allen Outdoors is looking for sponsorship, get off Facebook and get it done. :D:way:

I'm done with turkey decoys for a few years, the past week has been good to me!!

I wouldnt pay 160 for a jake. :way:

Neither would I and I wouldn't pay $120 for a DSD either, which is why I waited until I could find one used.

Not saying the Avian X deeks won't work, in fact they look awesome, I just wouldn't want a blow up decoy. I think that the seams will likely not hold more than 2-3 years tops and the little blow up nozzle, if it's like anything on the market in blow up kids toys, won't last over 1-2 years either. If that decoy was a normal pop out type decoy like a bobbin head or delta I'd be all over it.

Guys. Is this more a competition for who has the nicest looking decoys. In the end a turkey is a turkey, they arent that smart. You could kill em over the oldest foam decoys you've got. Is it really worth the money for the extra bit of realism?

I just like spinning guys up about them. I wouldnt buy any of them, I use the same bunch of junk I have always used.

Top Bottom