Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

EHD claims another

showstopper

PMA Member
I hadn't gotten pictures of the best buck on my dads ground for two weeks when I got a text from my sister that our neighbor had found him. He was along a creek dead likely from EHD. I had no signs until this past weekend when I found a doe floating in our pond. I called him and he confirmed over the phone that it was indeed the buck and said he also found a doe but hadn't looked too hard. He just followed the smell to find both of them.

I have had pics of this buck all season plus two weeks of hard horn pics. I had daylight pics nearly every evening and a number of mornings. I know he was living on our little 30 acre piece and loving on my two acres of food plots. I want this rack for my basement and the memories of checking the trail camera every 2-3 weeks to check on his growth with my family. What do you think is a fair price to offer to the neighbor?

He is taking him to get a euro mount which is what I would want to do as well. I just thought I'd see what you guys would offer or have offered for a rack in this situation.

The neighbor does have pics of him as well over licks on his land, just not the number of daylight and daily pics. Thanks in advance for your advice!
PICT0510.jpg

PICT0431.jpg

PICT0011.jpg

Last edited:
Pics not working. Tough call though. Depends how much your neighbor wants it. Normally if you ask, thats all it takes, but you may have to offer $100-$200. Usually though if they dont want to part with it, the amount you offer wont make much difference, unless you break the bank.

Wow, that is a nice buck, sorry you dont get to hunt him. I have lost several to EHD here also. There really is not a price you can put on a buck 2 neighbors have been building history with.

That is a cool buck! Those brows are sick! If you're friendly with your neighbor (which I would assume you are since he told you about finding the buck) I'd get his thoughts on it before you just up and offer to buy it. Try to get the feeling on if he REALLY wants it or not.

Man that sucks. I know the feeling as I'm sure a lot have had big deer die from EHD this yr. We lost 2 up and comers this yr and one shooter still mia. The worst was a 3 yr old 15pt we'd hope to pass this year. Looks like we won't get that shot.

Awesome deer. Love those brows. I sure wouldn't want to part with it. Should make a neat euro mount. Good luck.

Top Bottom