Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ehd

nemohunter

Found a doe dead by my pond last night, not only are my plots doing poorly due to lack of rain but now I found a dead deer

Figured this would start happening. Unless you have a large crick with running water I'd say you'll have it again this year.

I'm in harrison county, mo and its the same way here. I build fence for a living and 6 1/2 ft down its like powder on the hills lol.

Same up between Ottumwa and Fairfield. We had a good July with rain, but since then-0-, One rape,radish plot that had the last good July rain grew up tall, and some long roots but is turning colors now, shades of yellow. Rye spots are at least 6 or 7 inches of dust, with rye seed in em. Good rains Sat nite I-35 and west, but died Sunday Morn, trying to move east. Another Sunny dry week, this week and heat by the weekend. Burlington driest month ever recorded for this Aug,,not just driest Aug, but driest month period. Other dry months past included Sept and Oct, so ya know what that means. How does anyone grow anything in this state?

Northeast Missouri and southeast Iowa are definitely stuck under a dome of high pressure with no relief in sight

Keep us all posted. Im in se iowa and not a drop of rain as of late. I feer we will lose deer again this year. With the pop being down as it is cant afford another year with 50% or more deer dead.

Neighbors found 2 dead bucks in ponds about 7 miles East of Albia in Monroe Co.....not a good sign as drought sure looks like it will continue.

Must be farm bureau poisoning water holes now... man... they think of everything.

Hopefully we get some rain soon, although a lot of the crops in central iowa are past caring. Not much we can do about the weather. Hopefully we don't get round 2 of EHD this year, although it's shaping up to be the same as last year. It is what it is.

I called the local conservation agent and he said I was the first to report a case in the county, last year shelby county was one of the hardest hit in Missouri, so at least it doesn't seem as widespread as last year, at least so far

Not good news at all. I have ponds that dont dry up as they are deep. Hoping to save the 4 and 5 year old I have been watching as they all should be pushin over 170 if they make it. Albia area got hit hard last year.

Found one doe in a 9 mile canoe trip in Logan county Illinois. Heard of 4 or others at least found next to the creeks or in ponds. It's going to be like last year....

Crap, sorry to hear about this cropping up again, sad. Not sure if anyone has heard or seen anything over here on the Western side? I have seen some pretty tough looking hill bucks lately though.

Hope you guys don't get hit with it. I live in east central Ill., last year about this time I found over 60 dead over about 4 miles of river bottoms and creeks. I am sure we lost close to 80%. Talked with DNR and it was all over the state but not as bad as here. A couple miles away it really did not hurt them to bad. It started with the older bucks and does and I even eventually found a fawn with spots still. The smell was terrible and the buzzards and coyotes would not hardly touch the carcass's. this year we have a few young bucks and a few does but it cleaned us out! We are just begining to get into a drought stage and I hope we don't see any ehd here.

Top Bottom