Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Electric UTV- Stealth or Polaris????

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
So guys, weighing it out, gone thru em all and I'm down to the POLARIS EV or the STEALTH NIGHTHAWK and I'm gonna get one or the other, both have some ups & downs from what I read BUT want your advice please!!!???...

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/ATV-RA...T.ac=ORV-TopNav-T2-Model-r12rc08g-2012_rgr_ev

or

http://www.stealth4x4.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=39&Itemid=161

If I added on to both the accessories I MUST have... The polaris looks to be around $12k-ish and the Stealth is around 13,500-ish.

Stealth ups: looks heavier duty, no stories of big problems like BB Buggy had, faster?, more powerful?, etc?
Stealth downs: 1 year warranty (makes me very nervous), not all the dealers like Polaris has, newer company, higher price.

Polaris ups: 5 year warranty (extended I WILL be purchasing), dealers all over, claims long range & ability to change performance level to help battery. Cheaper to buy, even with the extended warranty.
Polaris downs: possible batteries not as good if you don't run as much, smaller, less heavy duty

That's what I came up with so far, I know there's more to consider. What y'all think though? Any experiences with either? Opinions? Which would you buy? Hunting mainly & farm use as secondary. *I MUST have electric because a big stretch of my farm is way to far to walk & a gas vehicle would make far too much noise on some areas. THANKS!!!

Honestly I know nothing about stealth so take my opinion for what its worth.....seems like a no brainer to me. You can get a tried and true name (polaris) that will have much better support if needed (dealers all over) for a lower price. 5 year warranty is a big deal too.

Get the one that uses the Energizer Bunny...............and pray you never have to replace the batteries

Get the one that uses the Energizer Bunny...............and pray you never have to replace the batteries

Ya- these batteries r like around $125 a piece. From what I hear, every 7-8 yrs. so, let's say a grand. That's maybe slightly more than gas maintaince of course but I suppose not by a ton. Got the diesel gator which I love but just have to have silent motor for my farm. Long drives that go too close to deer (walking isn't even an option I'd ever consider, far too long & hilly & I'd wind up at my stand 40 mins later sweaty & beat) I'd stick with diesel if I didn't require the low noise. Diesel gator is a tremendous set up! Anyone else with experience or opinions on above- greatly appreciated!!!

I done just like you before making my purchase in that I researched every brand and model I could. I went with a Stealth 64V. When I made my purchase the Nighthawk wasn't being produced yet. I love my Stealth. I know 2 guys who have the Polaris. Realistic comparisons between mine and theirs is the Polaris rides smoother but the Stealth has a quieter running gear(Polaris is fairly loud) and the Stealth battery range is by far better than all competitors. After spending not a lot but a little time on the Polaris I'm proud I went with the Stealth. If I were to trade mine for anything else it would be for the 72V Nighthawk

Just my opinion but hope it helps

Skip, Polaris makes very good products and mine is bulletproof (ranger RZR)

Something to consider would be the new Bad Boy, that is half gas half electric. I"ve been waiting for a company to come out with something like this. To me it would be the best of both worlds. Quiet when you need it and don't have to worry about batteries when you don't.

Just thought I would throw this out there if you hadn't heard about it yet.

It's called the Ambush
http://www.badboybuggies.com/products

Buddy of mine has a Stealth Night Hawk and he likes it. I used it for a weekend hunt and liked it, very quiet. I have never been around the electric Polaris to compare.

Top Bottom