Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Electronic Harvest Reports

P

Patrick

There is currently a resolution in the Iowa House of Representatives. Which would prohibit the DNR from collecting electronic harvest data. The bill would eliminate the requirement to turn in a harvest report card.

The DNR needs to collect this data. The states surrounding Iowa have check stations with more restrictive reporting requirements and its time Iowa starts gathering more accurate harvest data. Call your representative today and ask them NOT to support HJR 11.

House Resolution 11

I did last night....Thanks for heads up.

Why do some of the legislators have all this resentment toward the DNR?

I think sever since the dove issue, a bunch of House Reps are doing anything they can to look like they're pro-hunting. They must figure pro-huning means anti-DNR.

During that same dove debate one of our more brilliant HoR members stated that, "Iowa hunters have plenty of MIGRATORY wildlife to hunt. There's ducks, geese, deer, turkeys...."

Basically the Legislature is clueless when it comes to wildlife issues and the more they hassle the DNR the more important they make themselves look to the folks back home who are generally about as ignorant. Let's face it, non-hunters don't have the slightest idea what goes on in the woods outside their back door, but we elect them anyway.

Let me guess...they want the DNR to continue to use these cards as a way of gathering accurate harvest information. Come on, we just spent $2 million for the technology to issue licenses electronically. Let the state also use the technology to gather accurate harvest information to better manage the herd biologically.

survey.jpg

2000 Paid Muzzleloader Deer Report( Bow Also) I just recieved yesterday.

We don't even know how many deer we harvested last season but lets issue more tags, come on give me a break!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Patrick:
There is currently a resolution in the Iowa House of Representatives. Which would prohibit the DNR from collecting electronic harvest data. The bill would eliminate the requirement to turn in a harvest report card.

The DNR needs to collect this data. The states surrounding Iowa have check stations with more restrictive reporting requirements and its time Iowa starts gathering more accurate harvest data. Call your representative today and ask them NOT to support HJR 11.

House Resolution 11
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I AM HEARING THAT HJR 11 DID GO THROUGH AND IT WILL PROBABLY GO THROUGH THE SENATE. SO MUCH FOR GATHERING THE MUCH NEEDED DATA THAT THE DNR NEEDS
frown.gif

Top Bottom