Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Encore rifled slug barrels?

deadeye

I have noticed a lot of people talking about their favorite slug gun be it a Savage bolt action to a 870 pump. I have a TC Encore muzzleloader and have seen people sell different rifle barrels on here. I haven't come across any discussion about an Encore rifled slug barrel at all though. I would imagine that a rifled slug barrel with a scope on an Encore should be a very accurate setup. Does anybody have any experience? It appears the slug barrels are fairly pricey for the Encore. Also any opinions on a 20 vs 12 gauge in that setup? I would think that the 20 gauge might be a little flatter shooting at longer distances, but don't really know for sure.

I have the 20 gauge rifled barrel for my Encore.I got it when my son was old enough to start hunting wanted something easy to handle for young kid.I had some trigger work done on it also and it shoots great.I have been With my son and seen him make 150 yard shot with it. We use Hornady sst sabots and it shoots tight groups and is flat out to 150-200 yards. I like it so much I use sometimes also if my boys aren't hunting with me at the time.

I use the Pro-Hunter with the 12 guage SLUG Barrel exclusively during shotgun season. WIth Hornady SST in the Stainless slug barrel it is a 250 yard gun and I can actually shoot out to 300 yards and still hold a 5 inch group....

So my advice is get one and don't tell others about it............

My dad had one in 12 gage. Very accurate with a scope but kicked like a mule even with a limb saver. Only thing he didn't like was it didn't have an ejector so u had to pull the used shell out after u shoot.

Top Bottom