Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Erosion Control Food Plot

Hello, I have a question about a plot I am thinking about trying in the spring. I have a grassy/weedy area that is between two agricultural fields. The upper field is relatively steep and the bottom field is flat, I am assuming that this strip was left untilled for erosion control. As of right now, it just looks like a bunch of weeds and I never see the deer eating anything out of it. I was wondering if there is something I can plant there that would still be good for erosion control but be benefitial to wildlife. The strip I am looking at is about 300 feet long and maybe 10-15 feet wide.

Also, whatever I plant needs to be low maintenence, I am deploying with the military in June and will not be able to mow or spray or anything until the following year. I suppose I could wait to plant until I get back but I like to help the wildlife out and improve habitat whether I am there hunting or not. Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom