Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Extremely late fawns in heat??

Trapshooter1

This time of the year reminds me of a few years ago, I was out shed hunting in late january and had a big wide 8 pointer(the one I shot last year) just absolutely dogging a fawn. Has anyone else ever experienced this??? Maybe it's just that spot?? Herd Imbalance??? Any other thoughts???

Plenty of fawns bred in January February and even March. Watched a buck breed one mid April several years ago too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did see a mature buck flat out chasing a fawn last year in late December I was shocked:eek:

I see it all the time bow hunting in town where the deer are never made that skittish from being pushed by deer drives. It's often the best rut action I see all year. Doe fawns, or any other mammal including humans, only have to reach a certain weight before they are sexually mature and able to reproduce.

I see it a lot bow hunting in a management area that does not close for gun seasons. Helps that the deer haven't been put on edge by the pressure of gun season. Have had some of the most exciting hunts when one hot fawn brings out every buck in the area.

For a fawn to become sexually mature it has to reach a certain body weight. This applies to most mammals including humans.

Top Bottom