Fall prep is done !

Discussion in 'Whitetail Management' started by Wi transplant, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Wi transplant

Wi transplant PMA Member

Got my clover mowed ( topped off weeds) . and licking branches ( grape vines) installed! Fall plots looking good!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my RS501 using Tapatalk

Hardwood11 likes this.
  2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. northcedar

northcedar Active Member

Looks good! I did a few rubbing posts yesterday. How do you like the Milwaukee chainsaw?

4. Wi transplant

Wi transplant PMA Member

Love it for hinge cutting and clearing trails or light stuff. Not a firewood saw!! But just. Cant beat grabbing it and go no starting. Very quiet !! My locust assasin !!!!

Sent from my RS501 using Tapatalk

5. Muskrat24

Muskrat24 Active Member

How do you get along with the grape vines?

6. loneranger

loneranger Well-Known Member

I have my largest plot to till. Plan on doin it before the ground gets so hard I can't till it. Then wait for a decent rain to plant rye,oats,maybe winter wheat, Wait for rain. Yea,,it's me the dry lone ranger. I know those west of me. albia,,Centerville,,sw a me, and,all the way to Omaha,,no problem. I will wait for rain. rye and oats will germ for a long time through Sept. Lots of time but with all these dry cold fronts may be a long wait..

7. MuddyHntr

MuddyHntr Active Member

Looking good, I was also able to get my last projects done on the farm. Planted rye, wheat, peas and oats and got my hay bale blind set up on a brassica plot. Also put urea on my brassica plots now we just need some rain. Cant wait for September 14th, Im praying for a northwest wind so I can slip into a water hole that my number one visits in daylight every north wind.