Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fallow Deer!

OneCam

While I was out driving tonight just north of Des Moines I saw . . . honest to goodness . . . a fallow deer. He wasn't more than 10' off the roadway when I saw him meandering to a bean field. Has anyone else seen or heard of any other fallow deer in Iowa? He probably escaped from a farm/ranch. What would you do if he were to walk under your stand? I do not believe an Iowa deer tag's discriminates type of deer.

Good huntin,

Onecam, After work today I talked to my father and he said one of his co-workers found a nice buck dead in a creek under a bridge (he works for the county) so we went out to look at it. When we got there it was mainly under water so I went down to the edge of the creek and pulled the deer up with a piece of wire. When I got it up out of the water, I could see it had spots and a rack that swept backwards, it was a fallow deer buck. It wasn't what I had expected but it was neat to see. By the way I live in Massena, in southwest Iowa.

I would assume they excaped from somewhere.Since you guys live pretty far apart it is pretty odd.Keep us informed if you find out any info.

Top Bottom