Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fathers Day Flatty

Skully

PMA Member
Nothing better on an early fathers day morning than boating a hog flatty with your boys! Big females are getting ready to spawn.

picture.php

picture.php

Memories of my father and I doing this same thing makes me cherish these memories with my boys even more. Hope you all had a great Father's Day!

Great fish, congrats to you and the boys! Couple buddies and myself are headed out here in the next couple days. Sucks getting old, this time 5yrs years ago we would have been out several times. Seems 5-7 days ago ALOT of guys were catching big big fish on the Des Moines and of course I was swamped with work. I'm hoping to make one good run before they go under! I'll post up some pictures if we have any luck.

Looks like a great time! Bank lines or rod & reel? Judging by the number of trailers at one of the boat ramps I passed on Saturday, I think the Skunk was a busy place this weekend.

Looks like a great time! Bank lines or rod & reel? Judging by the number of trailers at one of the boat ramps I passed on Saturday, I think the Skunk was a busy place this weekend.

This female was caught on a bank pole. The bank was egged out around the pole and it was not moving. I told the boys it was too bad but we had a big one on last night. Looks like it got off. About that time my 15 year old son grabbed the line and it looked like an episode of Swamp People when the water exploded! His eyes were as big as saucers and he was shaking for about 5 minutes after we got it in the boat! :) Good times! It really was busy on the water this weekend, not sure I've ever seen that many boats down my way! I hope they are throwing some females back, most still full of eggs.

This female was caught on a bank pole. The bank was egged out around the pole and it was not moving. I told the boys it was too bad but we had a big one on last night. Looks like it got off. About that time my 15 year old son grabbed the line and it looked like an episode of Swamp People when the water exploded! His eyes were as big as saucers and he was shaking for about 5 minutes after we got it in the boat! :) Good times! It really was busy on the water this weekend, not sure I've ever seen that many boats down my way! I hope they are throwing some females back, most still full of eggs.

Great stuff! BTW, looking at the pictures of you next to your oldest son...let's just say that I wouldn't be giving him any lip! It looks like he could give ol' dad a run for his money! :D

Great stuff! BTW, looking at the pictures of you next to your oldest son...let's just say that I wouldn't be giving him any lip! It looks like he could give ol' dad a run for his money! :D

Yes he is 15 years old and isn't too far from being able to take me! :) I tell him I am older and wiser and I know ways to cheat! ;)

Awesome memories for both you and the boys for sure.
I really want to pound a big flatty one day.

We had another good weekend on the river. Our season best Friday night. A big female weighing 28 lbs! We had her in our pond for a couple days to show friends then released her back where she was caught so she can spawn in a couple weeks.

picture.php

Lol Jeenarohan. I clicked your link. Its junk advertising. But it struck me as funny that in the first line you claim to be a skilled essay writer yet your first post looks like it was written by someone who quit school in 4th grade.

Top Bottom