Fenceline Sheds

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting Conference' started by Guest, Apr 17, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

This is a picture of a nice shed laying on a fenceline. The squirrels have done alittle damage, but it can be fixed.

Guy Johnson

[​IMG]

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. IAdroptine

IAdroptine PMA Member

Hard to compete with the squirrels. I picked up a nice 5 point last weekend that needs some fixing up, the main beam is nearly cut in two. Will post photos of the repair later.

Guy, what material do you use to repair chewed antler? I use "ALL GAME" two part compound. Works well but hard to get the coloration I like.

4. Travis

Travis Guest

Nice shed. Is that a recent find?

5. BigGuy

BigGuy New Member

Iowadroptine. I have always taken my sheds to a taxidermist to get repaired. He uses some kind of epoxy compound, I'm not sure what it is called. I want to repair them myself, but I haven't tried it yet. Where do you get that All Game compound?
    Travis. Yep, that is a recent find.

6. IAdroptine

IAdroptine PMA Member

BigGuy, I found it in the "Van Dyke's Taxidermy catalog. All Game works well and it's not that hard to shape, fill or replace entire tines. The problem I have is with color. I would like to repair the antler and leave it natural in color, not re-paint or stain the whole thing. I get better each time. I will post some pictures in the near future of what would be an antler re-construction.
    Van Dyke's is a Cabela's company and there toll free no. is 1-800-843-3320. Give it a try and let us know how you do. Mike, IAdroptine