Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Field Rental

Outdoor Family

Need some advice...
The property owner to the north of my land is a cattle farmer. In talking to him on Friday, an idea came to mind(ok, I'm slow at this stuff). He is currently cutting hay, and I'm thinkin' of my 25 acre field that borders him. What would be a more than fare offer for having him put in a alfala/corn field for him to cut for cattle and let the corn stand until after winter(any value to him??) He also keeps an eye on things, when I'm not around...
Would the cost of fertilizer/seed/lime off set the rent cost per acre ???

Just talk to him, you are WAY late for planting, He could lease the ground from you for crops Starting at $50 -$200 per ACRE. Now comes the DEAL it sounds like you want the corn to stay all winter for the Deer, not a bad idea, but if you got tons of deer not much of a yield. Good luck !

You could turn that field into Switchgrass, Eastern Gama Grass or Indian Grass. Something tall for the deer and have him hay it and charge him per bail. But don't let him cut hay after July so that the grass could get back to 4-5 feet by hunting season. Then you could plant food plots between the woods and the grass. Creates another edge and great bedding area/sanctuary.

Top Bottom