Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fimco sprayer pressure problem

Rutty

i am having trouble keeping a steady stream of glyphosate out of my sprayer nozzles when working plots. It seems that the outer nozzles are the weakest. It seems weak even when tank is full and on level ground. Anybody have any solutions for this? I have been using clean water out of house.

Boom or boomless sprayer?
There are a couple things to look for here...
1) check the tank shutoff valve on the back/bottom of the sprayer, if this got bumped (or is completely shutoff, ive done this beforeo_O) you are not going to get any pressure and think the pump is broken.
2) check the filters inside the individual nozzles, these can get cloggged up just like the tank filter.
3) Ive had a few of the manifolds go bad here and there, new manifold is about $20 at farm and home store or can also get on amazon. Easy to swap out.
4) try running Neutralize through the whole system, this will help get any gunk out especially if you have been running any atrazine
upload_2019-7-16_9-3-32.png

Boom or boomless sprayer?
There are a couple things to look for here...
1) check the tank shutoff valve on the back/bottom of the sprayer, if this got bumped (or is completely shutoff, ive done this beforeo_O) you are not going to get any pressure and think the pump is broken.
2) check the filters inside the individual nozzles, these can get cloggged up just like the tank filter.
3) Ive had a few of the manifolds go bad here and there, new manifold is about $20 at farm and home store or can also get on amazon. Easy to swap out.
4) try running Neutralize through the whole system, this will help get any gunk out especially if you have been running any atrazine
View attachment 118348

My guess is that the screens/filters on each nozzle are clogged. I clean mine out on about every other tankful.

Agreed, the ones behind the tires take on more dust as well can effect flow

FWIW, when I clean mine out it is almost always a white, filmy material that coagulates on the face of the filter. I assume this is some sort of "internal" scum from the chemical/water reaction?? Also, on some areas of my farm I will use pond water to spray so I don't have to trip it all the way back to the cabin for more fresh water...I definitely gain "stuff" inside the tank and distribution lines after doing that, even though I double filter the pond water into the tank.

I wish fimco would make their stuff a little tougher.... but they are about the only brand with parts readily available that has parts in farm and home stores around here

Top Bottom