Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Final turkey as a youth

SB3

My oldest son is 15 and was able to kill this turkey in northern mo. Sunday on state ground. We didnt hear anything close on the roost and was thinking about going after some that we heard in the distance. We had the video cam, decoys etc and just generally concerned about stalking on public so we decided to stay put and rip some calls from the box, it was windy as heck. To our surprise we heard one gobble directly in front of us down a logging road maybe 150 yards. Out came two hens running towards us and brought three strutters in tow. They came right to us, had one of the hens right next to an avian feeder and they matched perfectly, I think she caught a reflection from the cam and spooked a little which put them all on alert, toms were at 40 yards. One of them stretched his head up and BOOM he was dead. Final youth hunt was as good as the first 9 years ago!Kaden Spring 2017-2R.jpg Kaden Spring 2017-1.jpg

Congrats. If you are lucky, they still want to hunt with you even after they graduate from youth season.

Reactions: SB3
Congrats. If you are lucky, they still want to hunt with you even after they graduate from youth season.

Thank God he's hooked for now, the potential issues I see in the future are baseball and girls.... :D I kinda expect he'll want to kill one on his own, that'll give me some time to hunt w/ my youngest. Thanks!

Top Bottom