Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Finding dead fawns?

Actually Larry, I have found the opposite to the case this year. Lots of fawns and lots of twins.I am in NE Iowa and I think you are talking about Southern Iowa so I dont doubt that there could be a difference.Good luck again this year.

Scout, Both were found in areas a long way from machinery activity.

Captain, Yes, this is in SE Iowa. If anything I would think last winter would have been harder on deer in your area, though a tough winter may not be related to my recent observations.

Have not noticed any significant difference in the areas I hang out in yet. Have seen the typical amount of little tracks and spotted fawns on early mosquitoe bait adventures. But will better know when the crops start coming out in some of the areas.

It is possible in my mind that breeding was down last fall due to the early arctic blast.
(It might be tough to concentrate on business when your tarsals are rattling)
grin.gif

Have a safe and bountiful season!

[This message has been edited by BW (edited 09-23-2001).]

Larry,

I haven't seen anything unusual this Summer, and if anything a pretty good number of twins. We even have mountain lions to contend with over here
smile.gif

When is your print done? Can't wait!

TLH

FarmYardClose2_sm.jpg

Sent the original to the printer on Sept. 18. I hope to be sending the mailing out about mid-November. How's that for bad timing? I hate to be anywhere but in the woods in November. I will try to get an image on the web site, some time this month.(see profile for web site)

larry, The boy and I have been seeing lots of fawns this past week as we have been chasing tails on the early youth deer hunt, everything seams fine and healthy, we're in jackson co. by the Caves area, would be interested in print also. Please keep all of us informed as how to aquire one print or more. thanks........j.b.

jaybee,
Glad to hear you getting the youth into hunting. Hope you are having fun.

To answer your question about how to get a print you can 1) check with any of our dealers around the midwest, or 2)register at the web site (www.zachwildlifeart.com), or 3)call the gallery at (515) 964-1570 and ask to be put on the mailing list. You will be notified when they become available.

Good hunting everyone! It's getting really close.

Larry,
I found a dead fawn yesterday morning in S.E. Iowa. It was the first one I have ever seen on my property. On the way down Sat. morning saw alot of doe/fawns crossing and by the side of the road. This was around 8:30 AM.

Top Bottom