Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First Achery Bird

MuzzHunter

On a 20ft High
Last Saturday, me and Liv4Rut headed out to a field that I had seen two gobblers out in the weekend before. I still had my bow tag to fill and Michael had a gun to back me up in case a bird hung up on us. We setup Liv's darkhorse in the middle of this small bean field and had a big group of jakes gobbling their heads off and we had one gobbler to the north of us. The jakes hit the ground and went the other way. We never heard the gobbler very much so we had no idea where that bird went. So we sat their awhile calling off and on. Our hopes of killing a bird in this field that morning were dwindling down. At about 6:45 Liv took his face mask off and I knew he was getting ready to pack things up and head to another spot, when all of a sudden I looked up and not 40 yards away was a turkey. At first I thought it was a hen because the weeds in the field were so high, but when the bird picked its head up we seen it was a jake, and it didn't bother that it was a jake since it was possibly going to be the first bird I've killed with a bow. Michael started turing is strutter on his struttin' 360 and the jake seen it and decided to come for a little closer look. When he got at about 30 yards he decided that he had gotten close enough and started to turn to walk away. Michael hit him with the range finder and said to me "29 yards." I'm now at full draw, settle the pin and release the arrow and it goes a little lower than I had wanted. The bird took wing and only made it to the edge of the field before landing in a tree. He didn't stay up in the tree long, and hit the ground, so we got out of the blind and headed over to where we last seen him and Michael just happened to see some brush moving and ran over and found my bird. After getting him we realized I hit him right in the knuckle of his legs and practically shot the one leg completly off. I couldn't of been more excited to had finally killed my first turkey with archery equipment.

picture.php

Top Bottom