Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

first ice luck.

Mitchg

I don't know when you guys got on the water the first time this year, but in central IL, I was able to get on my familes barrow pit along I-55 the 13th and 14th.
Friday the 13 we fished through a snow storm and got into our crappies there was a few over 12 but most were 8-10 and 2 deep have hooked gills.

The the 14th we went out and didn't get into as many crappies but a ton of small gills and a couple bass mixed in, including 2 pigs. The first bass managed to be my guests first large mouth, EVER. 20" and around 4+. He was spoiled!

10 minutes later I pulled gwe off the bottom. 23" 5.5lbs+ I immediately released after the picture and was kind of frantic or else I would have better measurements.

Nice catch! I was out last Tuesday and managed to bring some home. We had 5 1/2 inches of ice how much do you have over your way? Hoping it holds up with this warm spell we are having.

We had about 4 1/2 then we got real wet heavy snow so the integrity isn't what it was but still solid.

The crappies.
picture.php

Some dandy crappies in there, gotta love those big whites! North central Iowa has great ice, seems like guys are all over on 5+ inches. Driving wheelers and even heard trucks on clear lake. Hope this weekend, I'll get to put the fl-18 into action!

I was with a guy who had a flasher but would say most came up without it. We are losing ice now. Hope you guys enjoy it! Amazing what a 100miles north can do.

I was with a guy who had a flasher but would say most came up without it. We are losing ice now. Hope you guys enjoy it! Amazing what a 100miles north can do.

I would suggest picking up a flasher if you are going to be doing some ice fishing. Totaling changes the experience. I wouldn't go without one.

Ive used them and i would agree that they completely change things when yo use themLooking for a lower end one. My lake is where I do most of my hard water fishing and average depth now is less than 10' so don't need anything crazy. An old fl-8 will do. But mist likely will hold out till I find "the one".

Top Bottom