Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First

JNRBRONC

Somewhere on IowaWhitetail there is a thread where I stated that I have never caught a musky. I think THA4 might have been part of the thread if not the instigator/orginator. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Anyhow, Aaron, my youngest son has been hinting (almost begging) to go fishing lately. The only things keeping us from going were school and baseball. After his baseball game this afternoon, we headed for Lake McBride. He has asked to fish public waters, rather than fishing our ponds. I think he likes the variety of fish that can be caught from public waters.

We tossed all kinds of "artifical" lures. I caught a 1.5 pound largemouth bass on a yellow spinner bait. I changed to a bucktail style lure hoping to catch a crappie that might be suspended next to the tree structures along shore. I found a couple of dead minnows (somebody dumped a minnow bucket?), and thought my bucktail might be more attractive to a crappie if it was tipped with a minnow. The second cast, I came up with this guy, my first ever musky:
musky.JPG

By no means a monster, just my first musky.

I had another musky boil on a retreive after catching this one, so it appears they have stocked quite a few.

The future looks good for musky fishing at Lake McBride.

This is very cool!!!

MacBride got put on the stocking program Hawthorne used to be on. there are already mature muskies residing in Macbride from a preveous stocking program. so there so should be few big pigs in there!!!

now all we need to do is get them to lift the STUPID motor restriction

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">now all we need to do is get them to lift the STUPID motor restriction </div></div>

Stupid to whom? You don't like to row or what?

Just to show my ignorance, I thought it was a wake restriction not a motor restriction.

The 'Bonker

I can see lifting the motor size restriction, but not the no wake restriction. Do that and that opens it up to jet skis... man kinds mechanical mosquitoes.

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Get rowing Thomas!

I'm working on getting a boat, any boat: row, sail or motor! I want to cast as close to shore as I can from the boat, rather than seeing how far I can cast from the shore. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">now all we need to do is get them to lift the STUPID motor restriction
</div></div>

If that ever happened there would be a civil war between all the fisherman and all the damn sail boaters and paddle boaters. I'd like to see it happen but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JNRBRONC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm working on getting a boat, any boat: row, sail or motor! I want to cast as close to shore as I can from the boat, rather than seeing how far I can cast from the shore. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Isn't that the truth...I do the exact same thing and always laugh. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

the many times i was on there, when i lived in Ely, the 10 horse motors threw more of a wake than guys using 200 HP motors obeying the no wake rules......

i had an 18 horse that was the same size as some 10 horse motors, so i just got a cover for my motor that had a big "10" stuck to the side, and drove slow..... no one ever noticed the diffence... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

and......

id just like to see the 10 HP restriction changed to No Wake. NOT "No Restrictions" i agree Mud, jet skiis, are a fisherman's worst enemy......

I did see a pontoon on there the other day that was pushing quite a wake. Musta though the rules were for other folks, not them.

The 'Bonker

If you have a 9.9 Bonks they won't bother you whether you are creating a wake or not. BTW did you get your text message this morning? You looked very much like you wanted to fall asleep at the stop light... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

It was a very long night. I figure I've been up long enough that it was evening for me so I'm havin bourbon for breakfast. I've seen way too many sunrises from the air lately.

As far as text messaging, I'm wayyy too cheap to pay for texting. You should just have called and woke my ass up.

Which light?

The 'Bonker

Huh. I was on Dubuque street. Go figure. I usually just put the truck on autopilot and I'm never quite sure what route it takes to get me home, but it always gets me home.

The 'Bonker

Top Bottom