Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fishing 2012

SaskGuy

Hereare some photos from this season so far. My oldest is fishing crazy so we spend alot of time fishing,..
finally hung my first cam of the season today as theyare at their grandparents.:drink1:
Big pike are my favorite to fish for.
223.jpg

145.jpg

512.jpg

321.jpg

86.jpg

713.jpg

Reid's biggest to date. 39.5 inches.
430.jpg

We've gotten on to some incredible walleye bites as well, boating numerous double and triple headers. Fish avg about this size.
1310.jpg

1213.jpg

Haveyet to get any real big ones but I expect some in the 28" plus range this month. We even go off shore close to the house some days.
153.jpg

My aspiring professional fisherman/nhl hockey player even loves the non target species.
171.jpg

And really what can beat drinving a couple miles, fishing off a beached houseboat in 3 feet of water and waling the perch by the hundred????
192.jpg

20.jpg

I'll try and add to this thread as the summer progresses.:drink2:

That doesn't look like ANY FUN what so ever! :rolleyes:

OK...I'm jealous too. Great fish...great pics! Thanks for posting!

Minnows, all of them!!

OK, seriously, those are great fish there and I am sure even better family times. :way:

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Dang, and I was proud of the catfish I have been catching. That looks like a blast and man your kids are growing!!

Do you keep all that fish or just the wallies ? I don't think I could eat that much fish.
Cooter, we always keep a couple to eat. My kids love to eat fish. I wouldn't want to guess how many fish we caught on the weekend, over 75 walleye and as many pike, we kept for supper on Sat. and Sun. I brought 0 home. It's just something we do for fun and we keep enough for a meal or 2 a week usually. Fresh is best, I hate keeping it in the freezer.

man your kids are growing!!
Sadly time flies.

Why aren't you lippin those bad boys? Great fish, but I've had too many hooks in the digits from them to make a habit of catching them..

I've always wondered why?? Length of cold period??????

I thought you had Musky.:confused: I was giving you grief for fishing for "trash" fish.

There was a huge bias against northern pike when I fished in Minnesota. You had to sneak them into the fish cleaning house to escape scorn. Walleye was king. Not sure how they would have reacted to knifing a musky. :eek:

Funny how things change across regions.

There was a huge bias against northern pike when I fished in Minnesota. You had to sneak them into the fish cleaning house to escape scorn. Walleye was king.
Walleye are king to most here, just not me. I love fishing pike, they are super aggresive and fight hard when they get big. On the right bite you can boat dozens of fish b/w 36 and 42". Good times in my book, and bones out theyare actually the favorite table fare in our house.

Walleye are king to most here, just not me. I love fishing pike, they are super aggresive and fight hard when they get big. On the right bite you can boat dozens of fish b/w 36 and 42". Good times in my book, and bones out theyare actually the favorite table fare in our house.

Can you bowfish pike in Sask??? I know you can in Manitoba,Alberta! Not something I'd wanna do! Just asking!!!

Top Bottom