Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fishing on a private pond

That's probably a good bill. I bought all of my fish and built my pond with my own money. No state money or them even involved. I don't think limits should be enforced at my pond. Wish we had that here.

I don't see anything about limits on catch. This just says you don't need a fishing license to fish someone else's pond or private lake , as long as you have permission.

I am not really in favor, but it isn't a huge deal. I buy a fishing license every year and rarely fish - but have it just in case I do. The money goes to thingsth care about.

Guess the logical flip side of this is I can fish without permission as long as I have a license. ;)

Bout time

Heck, good to know, I thought that was already the law. :) (Relax game law warriors...I buy a fishing license every year! :) :))

But if someone who doesn't fish often, or at all, came to my private pond, I don't see why they should have to buy a license. No one has any expense in that pond other than me. Years ago, the IDNR would stock private ponds for free(to the landowner) and that makes sense that if your fish came from a state agency that all fishers should have to kick in for a license.

Passed the house today with an amendment that took out the no license required part. Now it goes back to the Senate.

Top Bottom