Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fletch III, I know fletching is on here alot but ?

boacephus

I've read most of the posts on fletching. So I think I can handle it. I'm not looking to do custom arrows, nor alot of arrows so the singles should work for me. Muddy or his dad repairs most of my arrows but I wouldn't mind doing it myself, lol. Anyone have experience with the subject fletcher?? How do those jigs work, as far as getting the spacing right, is it a dialer knob like on the bitz's? Also I see many opinions on the glues, I want to add the IW wraps so what glue should I get?

Honestly, save yourself some headaches and get a Bitzenburger arrow fletcher. That's what dad has used the past twenty some odd years. They're a steel frame and practically indestructable. Initial cost may be a bit pricey but I'm sure my pop could work something out for ya.
smile.gif

The arrow wraps are just big stickers, no glue needed for them. Regular fletch tite will stick anything to them. If you need some coaching, let dad or I know, we can set up a class during a sunday NFL game.
wink.gif

Thanks guys. I'm just putting some ducks in a row. I have tried standard wraps, just need some coaching on getting them to fit right, lol. I asked about the glue, cuz I thought I read that the goat tough melts the wraps. That sounds like a good idea on the Sunday NFL thing muddy. I'll have to call em up, I have his cell. Just not sure of his coaching a working schedule this year.

Re: Fletch III, I know fletching is on here alot b

Got a Bitzenburger earlier this year and it's great! I take and cut a little off one edge of my wraps so it doesn't overlap so far. Then I place the wrap on old mouse pad to apply it to the arrow. The little bit of cushion helps when trying to get the wrap on straight. Using Fletch Tite right now with Blazer and haven't had any problems.

Same as IABowhunter here. Bitz, and bohning fletchtite II, have also used bohning platinum (very runny), and now trying bohning quantum II (very tough stuff). All have been working great for me. Try not to get any of that quatum on your fingers or it gets to be a sticky situation. The mouse pad is a great idea too. I was using a magazine. Anything that gives a little helps. Once you get the bitz set up its a piece of cake to do fletching. I was new to it this year and have had a ton of people in the store fletching and refletching. It's second nature now. Good luck and have fun...

Thanks for the replies. I think I will just get together with Muddy and his dad, I'm one of those types that hands on and being able to see someone do it works better for me. Good excuse to get out of the house since I can't bow hunt during shotgun seasons, wouldn't want to anyhow.

bocephus, there is a pretty good chance I'll be at the parental units abode opening weekend of 2nd shotgun season. Dad wants to shoot his new smokepoke and can't figure out those "new fangled" pyrodex pellat things.
wink.gif
This'll be the first year I've seen him use anything but a side lock or a big friggin handgun. Kids!!! Shoot me a PM and we'll coordinate some time.

Top Bottom