Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fletching arrows

J

jason

I was wonder when to put a right wing fletch or a left wing fletch, or a straight fletch. And how will each stlye affect your arrow flight?

thanks jason

I've heard that the right is off of the right wing of the turkey left is left. The right will spin the arrow to the right, clockwise, as it flies away from you. Left spins the opposite. Right, left... it don't matter which one you shoot. Straight fletch won't spin unless you give it some offset. The spin helps to stabilize the arrow, usually a very good thing, especially when shooting broadheads and especially when shooting fixed blades.
26404-archer[1].gif

don't mix and match left wing or right wing feathers on the same arrow also. i can't remember but one helical won't go with one wing type feather. i'm sure Rudd can clearify things, this subject always gave me the run around.

Just make sure when fletching you use the correct jig. For right wing you must use a right clamp, and for left wing you must use a left one. You can use a stright clamp with either wing feather. On vanes you do not have to worry, the are able to be fletched in any of these clamps.

So should I fletch arrows just for target shooting, and some for hunting? Like for target shooting, put a right or left wing fletch, and for shooting broad heads just put a straightfletch on the arrow?

fletch them all the same so you don't have any surprises in the field. keep 4-5 arrows aside for hunting only would be the easiest way to go.

Top Bottom