Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fletching hitting arrow rest

zvholk

Why isn’t my rest falling fast enough, and how do I solve this problem?

In the picture you can see the orange rub from my fletching :mad:
1-14-12002.jpg

I had the same issue when I put a QAD on my bow...was shooting Blazers and having contact issues. After much constipation I changed back to 4" Duravanes and am shooting tighter groups than I've ever shot in my life.

I had the same issue when I put a QAD on my bow...was shooting Blazers and having contact issues. After much constipation I changed back to 4" Duravanes and am shooting tighter groups than I've ever shot in my life.

That must have been terrible. My QAD has never given me constipation. Mostly the opposite from all the deer sticks. ;) :way: :drink2:

In all seriousness, I believe QAD tried to address issues of fletching contact with their newer models. A lot of it is in the setup and fine tuning of the rest. Don't know much about the ripcord but I would assume it's the same song, different verse. I really like the 3" fusion vanes out of my CE RKT with a QAD rest!

Shoot it threw paper when u get a chance.
Make sure that the rest is timed right.
Twist your nocks to turn ur fletching a little bit at a time.

Thats all I can say with out having a chance to look and shoot it.
O the problem could be that its a Hoyt!!!! LOL.

I also had the same issue with my QAD on my Katera. I fixed the problem with raising my nock point about 1/8". Eliminated the problem and shoots great now. Had something to do with the tail end of the arrow dropping down after the release and hitting the rest. The rest dropping away had nothing to do with it.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Switched over to a Limbdriver from Vapor Trail. My shop puts them on everything now because of the ease of set up and adjustability.

Just cause its easy doesn't mean its good. Don't get me wrong I would shoot a limb driver on a target bow, but I would never shoot it on a hunting set up. I will never shoot anything but a QAD on my hunting bows. I have been shooting them on my last 4 bows. If you set them up right you can beat them. It doesn't matter how fast the bow either. I had one on my Mathews Monster that shot 349 FPS and never had an issue.

I didn't see where he was looking for a new rest :confused:

I think your ripcord will work fine.

Sent using IW app

The guy that set it up for me put a level on the string and the arrow and made them 90’ from each other. With that said the rest was about an 1/4 inch above the arrow shelf. I lowered it as far as I could, so now the question is what’s a good way of checking to see if I fixed the problem?
I already tried spraying white foot power on the fletching but when I shot it just splattered all over because of the speed.
Thanks for the help

Put lipstick on the edge of your vanes. Something bright so you can tell if it is hitting anywhere.

You drive a mini van so I know you have some .....:D

Sent using IW app

2 looks real good. 1 and 3 are tail low but not too bad. If your form isn't perfect it's impossible to shoot perfect holes every time. I would do the lipstick thing to see if you are getting any contact.

How far are you standing from the paper?

Sent using IW app

Thanks a lot man, its not rubbing anymore and as for the paper, I didn’t have anyone watching me so it is possible that i didn’t have my bow level.

Top Bottom