Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Flying squirrel?

Crimson Arrows

Got this pic the other day and think it may be a flying squirrel? I have only seen one and that was in the late 90's. They are nocturnal so would make sense :rolleyes:

IMG_0026.jpg

That looks too big to be a flying squirrel. I have heard that regular tree rats are sometimes doing stuff at night. I've no clue if thats fact or fiction

I saw a pair of flying squirrels a couple years ago. They are quite small and have white belly's with a black stripe along their side. Their eye's are HUGE! I'd say they are about half the size of a brown or gray squirrel. The skin between the front and rear legs is also very evident when they are on the tree.

That looks more like a gray squirrel in the pic.

im pretty sure squirrel season is open 24 hrs/day, but Ive never heard of anybody hunting them at night, nor have I seen one out and about at night.. weird

Hard to judge the scale on this photo but I believe it's quite possible. Flying squirels are nocturnal, I got a bunch of pics at night near a corn pile last winter. Never seen a gray squirel out after dark but never sat and watched either.

I just watched something on TV the other night about FS. That looks to me like it could definately be one. It is impossible to tell how big that thing is not knowing how far away that tree is in the pic but seems to me pretty small. And it has definately got something going on with skin between front and back legs. I say FS all the way.:way:

It's probably a big old bat. I have seena ton of those recently. Regular squirrels are out quite a bit at night. The ole boy next to me loved going out on a full moon night with snow squirrel hunting.

Flying squirrels are wee! Friend of mine in grade school had one he kept in the house! Thing would fly around the house and cling to cabinets and such!!!:D

Top Bottom