Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Forest Reserve

loneranger

Speaking of legislation: The Forest Reserve Program is under attack again. Seems it is every year. Not enough tax money ya know....For those here that are on it, get your emails ready. One of these years that program is gonna disappear.....no matter what.

Someone in another thread mentioned they are trying to weed out developers from using this as a loophole. The thought has crossed my mind of buying commercial property and planting cedars all over it and putting it in the reserve. This is what they are trying to weed out... apparently.

Well I just heard they are wanting to ABOLISH it. I hear this every year. Those in the program are getting away with making others carry their tax share. I can't find the bill anywhere. I'd like to know more about it so I can write... All kinds of tax breaks for farmers,,Big Business,,,,why not an incentive to promote saving Timber. Which Iowa has little of.

OK I found it on the legislative forum here Senate file 5. Was proposed by Amy Sinclair. I wonder what Committee it is on. who is gona vote on it? Who to email?

Top Bottom