Found a couple more....

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting Conference' started by Travis, Apr 22, 2001.

1. Travis

Travis Guest

Today I was out riding my bike on some property I hunt gophers on and decided to ride down to a spot where there were some mule deer hangin around last month. I had already checked the spot in February but not many of them had shed yet. I rode my bike over there and started looking. I was walking out in a cut alphalfa field when I thought I spotted a tine. As I got closer I realized it was probably a antler, I ran up and it was a fresh fairly big 3 point mulie shed with a broken tine. It was laying right on a small pile of siledge or somthing so I think the buck was feeding on it when he lost his antler. I remember watching one of the bigger bucks of the group last month and he had a broken tine and looked like this shed so I figure the shed is off him. While I was lookin for the match I found a forkhorn mulie shed laying on top of some grass from this year.

I was wearin running shoes and didnt have binoculars or a camera so I couldnt get a field photo of the sheds.

Guess thats 24 this year with 15 of them being fresh. Were probably going to get out for elk sheds next weekend. [​IMG]

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. Admin

Admin Administrator

Good find! Just goes to show it good to revisit old area's. You just never know until you cover the ground.

TLH

4. IAdroptine

IAdroptine PMA Member

Congrats Travis.

Keep us Iowa boys posted on your elk sheds Travis. By this time of year only a few Die-Hards think sheds here in Iowa. Once things green over I see few shed hunters and expect things to quite down. I keep on looking but find little that the tree rats don't find first.

Good luck this weekend, I bet you can't wait to pile up the elk sheds.

5. Travis

Travis Guest

Thanks.

Ya, weve still got plenty of elk shed antler hunting to do this year. [​IMG]

6. TJF

TJF Member

Travis
    Congrats on the muley sheds. I hope you have good luck looking for the elk sheds. That would be fun looking for them, but there are no elk in my area, no muleys either.

Tim