Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

"Free" corn- RR - Syngenta for food plots- my seed

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, I have a bunch of corn that I picked up last fall and excellent quality- Syngenta & Cropland- probably $250-325-ish PER BAG. I am not going to get to corn this year since I sold my farm and bought new one and have baby and too much happening this year.
Here's the deal, I spent a good bit of time driving to pick this up, storing it, etc- I actually rented a u-haul. I am going to need seed next year. I am located in Urbandale. If someone would agree to pick my seed up for next year's round of free seed & drop at my place, I'd be willing to hook them up with free corn this year. Next season you can load yourself up with free stuff too & drop by my stuff by my house. Maybe no one needs it- in that case, I'm comfortable storing corn for another season (pry not beans) BUT if this helps someone- that's the goal & it would be nice to ease my workload a little for next pickup season. I'm GUESSING I have enough for 20-ish acres?????
*Pick up next year is GENERALLY in October NW of Des moines about 20 minutes.

Next fall I would want about 50 bags of beans and about 10 bags of corn. Let me know if i can help with this season's corn for your FOOD PLOTS (can't harvest this as an FYI when you get free seed). Thanks

*There's ONE shot at picking up seed in the fall, ONE DAY, SO- I need to make sure a person who would do this is SUPER RELIABLE, SUPER DEPENDABLE and I just need to make sure you'd really come through here- if there's any hesitation on that, pry better do something different. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey Skip...next year could you pick up and store my seed AND deliver it too?

C-mon! What are friends for...:p:D

Where and how do you get free seed. We put in 500 acres and with cost so high I have never even considered leaving any for food plots. Free seed would change things. I have got some turnips and various grass from pheasants forever in the past but you are talking about enough corn or beans to plant acres? Wow....any info would be appreciated. Maybe we could work something out.

Free seed is generally from NWTF each fall. The sign-up usually is mid to late summer. I can let you know when sign up comes. holler if I can help you out this year.

Top Bottom