Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Frost Seeding

koday88

Quick question about frost seeding some clover. Was planning on doing it tomorrow morning (temps looking good for the next 10 days or so), but noticed we're supposed to get 1-3" of snow in my part of the state on Tuesday. Never had experience frost seeding ahead of a snowstorm so I wanted to ask if this would have adverse effects? I know it's fine to frost seed on top of a little bit of existing snow, but didn't know if new snowfall and runoff would reduce the effectiveness of it. Thanks for the input

I think you should be just fine. I'd would be much more concerned about runoff if there was going to be 3" of rain! :D 3" of snow is not a blocker in my mind. I really doubt that the snow melts off fast enough to cause you trouble.

I think you should be just fine. I'd would be much more concerned about runoff if there was going to be 3" of rain! :D 3" of snow is not a blocker in my mind. I really doubt that the snow melts off fast enough to cause you trouble.

Awesome, thanks. I didn't think it would be a problem, but wanted to check on here to be sure!

I put down grass seen one year and it snowed 4" on top of it. I swear to you, when the snow melted, there was already germination. Worked perfect!

Top Bottom