Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Functional low tech

Fishbonker

Life Member
I bought a pair of these at a gun show in CR a few months ago. I was sold the minute I saw them, but had to walk around to make the guy think I was playing hard sell. I can't rememebr what they sold for. It was either 2 for ten or two for twenty. I really can't remember. There isn't much to them. I think they are made with trappers snare parts and very thick walled pvc. He also sells a piece of channel to put on your rafters/trusses. The handles slide into the channel for hanging deer. I bought mine for dragging. In the past dragging deer was always a pain in the buttocks. My hands would slip off the leg, I was too close to the animal and body position/posture made my back just ache. With this "thing" you just put the loop over the leg proximal to (above) the dew claws, pull on the handle to cinch it up and then just pull away. I used them for the first time the other day and was able to drag my deer about 100 yards up hill with out that much effort, and the 'Bonker ain't no burly dude.

Here is the sad part, they are made by a guy in Swisher. I threw away the packageing with his name and number on it. There were stickers on the handles, but they got wet in my backpack from rain and faded. I do remember he had either patent applied for or actual patent numbers on the package. If you see these for sale, I would reccomend them. They are easier to use than rope, very light and don't take up much room. I'm gonna try to find out his name. He was way friendly. I told him I might show up on his front poarch someday if they break and he said he would stand behind his product.

Anybody else out there seen these?

OH OH posting a picute has changed.
wtf.gif
wtf.gif
wtf.gif

I'll post a picture as soon as I figure out how.
confused.gif

OK so now I'm over my tantrum about changing the way you post pictures and I thnk I have it right. The old way was way easier, but what do I know? For frame of reference the boards are six inches wide. [image]www.iowawhitetail.com/photopost/data/1/269[/image]

[image]http://www.iowawhitetail.com/photopost/data/1/269snare-med.JPG

Could it get any harder? I quit learning about computers when DOS was out of vogue. Dam you Bill Gates!!!!

I seen em there also. Maybe he'll be at the next show coming up this month.

Top Bottom