Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Garmin Sight

Fully legal in Iowa as we verified with some heads of the Iowa DNR.
I have one on hand in my shop and can make you a better deal than the Sportsmans Guide - I also have experience to help set it up which you would not get with online purchase.
Give me a call and I can help

I've sold and help setup a bunch of these already and have one on my own personal hunting bow - it is truly an awesome sight.

I am wondering if these sights are legal. I seen them on sportsman guide and plan on ordering one this week. I assume that it's just a single pin dot with the built in range etc. Heres the link.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...-digital-bow-sight-right-handed?a=2183015#TBD
Definitely buy it from Boyd (gunrunr). You'll get a better deal and be spending your money locally. Plus he'll show you how it works without having to weed through an instruction manual.

I can't speak for this specific bow sight, but I've used the Leupold Vendetta bow mounted rangefinder for a few years now, with a 5 pin sight, and it's worth it's weight in gold. I killed a deer at 60+ yards last season. Can't remember the exact #, but know it was 60 something. No more guessing or fumbling for a rangefinder.
Now, with my setup, even if my battery goes dead, I can still guestimate distance or use my handheld range finder, and I still have my physical pins on my bow to aim with, so that's something to consider.
Another thing, that may not be an issue with this particular sight, is that if there is something, (e.g. a stick or leaves, etc.), between you and your target that the range finder bounces back off of, it will give you an inaccurate reading. I've had this happen a few times. The first time, I trusted it and missed a buck by quite a bit. I wisened up quickly though and learned to use my better judgement of 45 yards over a reading of 23 yards that the range finder might be telling me. Not so much of an issue in wide open country, but it can really screw with you in the woods.

Top Bottom