Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gas Tax:

Does over the road diesel get taxed? I can see farm fuel not..but it really would make no sense otherwise

Road diesel does get taxed. It was higher than gas as of yesterday. I was under the impression that it was also going to be taxed same as gas but if its not than thats good news for me! Off road dyed diesel isnt taxed.

They should at least have to pay road use tax and the same taxes on fuel.. Every time I see a tractor on the highway I wonder why they get the special privilege.

Are you special needs?

They should at least have to pay road use tax and the same taxes on fuel.. Every time I see a tractor on the highway I wonder why they get the special privilege. Are you special needs?

Nope but I do know farm equipment causes more stress and damage to the roads than my vehicle

How would you regulate that? So we dont drive on the road as we dont need to.... And we milk cows, not a ton only in the 120 range. If we buy 500 gal of fuel a month its around 1200$ now. So we save 175$ in tax or something around there. If the milk price is break even one month then 3$ under the next month we lose close to 14000$ that month. The price is far from break even most of the time. People dont understand what goes into a bowl of cereal in the morning. Nothing like running a pick In a -25 degree silo in the winter, or a 120 degree silo in the summer. We chose to do what we do, although some days I done know why, so people have food. No one knows the headache of farming other than a farmer. And for the record big crop farmers bug us smaller ones too.

If you don't like the tax increase,,make sure you know how your legislator voted and next election,,don't vote for them! What also burns me is the excuses you hear in the media for the reason fuel prices are going up again. Summer Change Over,,Refinery repairs,Cold weather,,,give me a break. I had a rancher friend in WY-BiG Refinery Country. Was stayin with him during Jimmy Carter,GAS LINE Years. Rancher had close friends who worked in the refineries. They told him Big Shots, told them to shut down,,to keep those supplies short and prices UP! I don't buy anythong I hear about the Oil Companies....

Top Bottom