Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Getting trigger happy!

tagged out

Well, this early muzzy season is not going as i hoped. not really seeing the # of deer i expected. my cams show lots of deer but mostly at night at last check. just a couple little guys so far. took the morning off of work today what a great morning weather wise where i was @. had a neat two year old come by about 8:30 and just walk right by.
Then upwind i noticed a yote walking right down the hill towards me! wasn't expecting to see anything so i decided he was going to get it. well he meandered in and out of the brush and disappered. then he jumped the buck back my way. half and hour later and still no deer he come back out, still no shot:mad: so got down after a while and went to work:(
After work headed back out to diff stand on field edge. as i was climbing my ladder i heard a doe snort and thought i was busted. nope just that same yote in the same spot as the morning, staring right at me! sitting 110 yards in the woods and branches everywhere could not get shot, it was only 4:00. the doe and fawns ran by my stand and fed in the feild for a while and went out other side.
This damn thing then took a nap for over an hour right there. next another yote came @ 30 yards and just walked circles eating nuts. now i am boiling. it was about another hour and then the doe and 2 fawns came back out and kept looking in my direction at the yote. the other yote then made his way towards me. the doe was weezing away and stomping something fierce. now with both less than 30 yards away i said ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! i cocked the smoke pole and put a hole in that mutt. i was standing up, texting, videotapeing with my phone, glassing with bino's, and not even a look. as soon as the hammer clicked he looked like a deer in the headlights. shot a little high not that it mattered:D
One question i have is whats the best way to clean the skull for display? saw one on here this winter and thought it would be neat to euro the skull.
Here he is, photo sucks, from my phone.
picture.php

i was standing up, texting, videotapeing with my phone, glassing with bino's, and not even a look. as soon as the hammer clicked he looked like a deer in the headlights.
That's funny right there!

Top Bottom