Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Giant 8

ShedHunter1

A friend of mine sent me this Giant and the story! Thought I would share. This buck is huge. If I got a picture like that on trail cam I think I would crap my pants!!

On Dec. 1, 2011 on opening day of the second season shotgun season in Illinois, David Robinson tagged what will likely be the largest 8 point whitetail in the Boone&Crockett Recod Book. Sanders a 38 year old Farmer and veteran deer hunter was hunting on his home farm when he set his sights on this world class buck of a lifetime.
Gross 192-3/8"
Net 183-1/8"

image0011.jpg

image0021.jpg

image0041.jpg

image0051.jpg

I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.. WOW..

Even the hunter has a shocked look on his face.. Congrats..

Incredible frame. Makes the body look small. I would be very interested to see the stats on that buck. The beams have got to be extremely long.

Incredible frame. Makes the body look small. I would be very interested to see the stats on that buck. The beams have got to be extremely long.

Found these stats through www.bowhunting.com 's article about the buck....

The buck’s main beams measure 30 and 32 inches, a mark that places them automatically in the top-five all time Boone and Crockett Club records for longest beam length, and it would be the only eight in that ranking. While the inside spread wouldn’t be considered too outrageous, it still brings in another 22 3/8-inches. Without question however, it’s the buck’s tine length that drives this score, as both G-2’s tape out at 14 and 16-inches, with G-3’s at 12-inches. The typical eight-point frame reportedly grosses 192 3/8-inches, netting 184 7/8-inches after side-to-side deductions. However, the buck has a ninth-point, a 1 6/8-inch sticker off his right G-2 that slides the score down to 183 1/8-inches.

Here is the link... http://www.bowhunting.com/publisher...s-Takes-Possible-NEW-World-Record-Eight-Point

That deer is amazing. Brings back bad memories of a giant 8 pointer I hunted one year that I swear looks like a spitting image and would of made 180. Saw him 6 times and couldn't seal the deal. My ole man blew a great chance at him too. Meat hunter may have seen him back in the era of the Gel Buck.

That right there is my dream buck for sure!!

Top Bottom