Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Good Luck!

camo658

I wanted wish everyone ,who still has a tag, good luck the rest of the way!

Hopefully, It'll be our time soon..

Somebody, I know, got a 180 gross 9 or 10 point. So, there are big ones still out there..

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
I gave my tag away. Done gave up.

The person won't be able to use it. You can't party hunt with a bow tag.

late November is one of the best times to hunt. You will have mature bucks on there feet looking for those last estrus does.

So, don't give up.. You made it this far..

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
It's been a weird season. Have not seen near as many bucks this year as last. The first buck I saw was this last Thursday and it was a hit lister and I totally misjudged the yardage. The biggest set of antlers so far this year is the buck I found by the pond. EHD!? Last year I was sprawling with bucks. Not giving up yet as it does seem like after this last weekend things are picking up on my farm. Hopefully it's just not the end. Good luck to all left hunting.

It really has been a wierd year. I've talked to a lot of guys out hunting and all have said the same. I still have hope until the shotgun season starts. Just gotta get out there and hunt. Headed out now!

I'm sitting on an unfilled tag myself.

SLOW season...yesterday (yes the windy/rainy day) was my best action all year. Had a small 5 point, a broken spike, and 3 does. I've had plenty on camera, but literally nothing to be excited about in the stand...

I give the tag to him. When he shoots a deer I will tag it and call it in for him. I stop hunting November 16th every year. The last two seasons I have shot my deer on November 16th.

This is illegal you do realize correct? I know a guy who filled a girlfriends tag and got caught and lost his license a year and bow taken away as well as monetary fines. It is not worth it.

You cannot fill someone else's bow tag. No way no how! Very good way to get both parties involved in a big pile of trouble. If you gave your tag away I would get it back asap. It will not lead to anything positive. And putting it on an open forum is the worst advertising ever.
If you were group hunting during shotgun season and a member of your group shot a deer you could legally tag it and go home. That does not fly with a bow tag and you could end up in a lot of trouble.
Almost all gas stations have a rules and regulations book. You may want to actually read it

I have not even pulled my bow back on a deer yet but there's still good hunting left!!!

You cannot fill someone else's bow tag. No way no how! Very good way to get both parties involved in a big pile of trouble. If you gave your tag away I would get it back asap. It will not lead to anything positive. And putting it on an open forum is the worst advertising ever.
If you were group hunting during shotgun season and a member of your group shot a deer you could legally tag it and go home. That does not fly with a bow tag and you could end up in a lot of trouble.
Almost all gas stations have a rules and regulations book. You may want to actually read it

Ok I have a question. If it is illegal for me to tag a deer that was legally shot in season drove it to the locker and dropped it off then how is it legal for a officer to shoot a deer and issue a salvage tag for someone else to take?

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Ok I have a question. If it is illegal for me to tag a deer that was legally shot in season drove it to the locker and dropped it off then how is it legal for a officer to shoot a deer and issue a salvage tag for someone else to take?

I don't think the officer shooting a deer scenario is legal but the reg book doesn't address it. The regs do however address party hunting (tagging someone else's deer) and that is illegal for bow season. Even if the officer scenario is illegal and you know one that did it, that doesn't change the laws so you can do whatever you want.

As others have said, there's still a couple good weeks to go! Get out there if you can and good luck!

Another question regarding this scenerio that I have heard many different answers for. If a land owner buys a tag can he have a family member fill it for him? I've heard yes and no. Just trying to clear it up.

Top Bottom