Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gots Us A Couple of Couple of Goulds Tags!

AZHunter

Iowa Boy At Heart
Because everything but a few archery deer hunts are lottery based, three times a year, every hunter in Arizona calls his/her respective credit card company to see if there are any charges from the drawing. Today was the day to see if you drew a spring tag for javelina, turkey, bear, and/or bison. I called Cabela's at 7am this morning to see if there were any charges, but there were none. Figuring it was kind of early, I called back around 7:30. Low and behold, there were four separate charges from AGFD this morning. I was extremely excited to see the $15 charge letting me know our son, who turns 10 in December, had his youth javelina tag for the last two weeks in January! I finally get to take him out on his own hunt and he's excited! I wasn't surprised to see the $25 charge letting me know I'd gotten my usual archery javelina tag. Then, it got very exciting! Cabela's informed me that I had two more charges for $25 each! That means that two of us have those coveted Goulds tags for southeast Arizona! I applied with 21 bonus points, put my wife in with 17 bonus points, and then put Syd in with 5 and Jacob with 0. We won't know for sure for a couple more weeks, but I'm guessing it was me and my wife that got drawn, with the idea that, like her elk tag, she'll sign it over to Sydney. It looks like Syd and I will be chasing Goulds turkeys together this spring, starting on May 4th! At least I'm hoping we both got drawn for our first choices or its going to be crazy trying to hunt two separate units at the same time when they're a couple of hours away from each other! Either way, two Goulds tags in our family for this spring!

Wow. Well deserved. It's still unreal that a resident has to wait that long for most of the tags out there. Have a friend in Prescott Valley that has only once drew a antelope archery tag. Anyway great hunt coming. Good luck.

Draw results were officially posted today and its great news! I drew my Goulds tag and so did my wife. She'll sign that tag over to Sydney and then Sydney and I will take off to Southeast Arizona to hunt Goulds together in one of my favorite places on earth! Thankfully, we both got the Unit 35A second hunt, starting May 4th!

Top Bottom