Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gray wolf woolens

Shedhuntermd

PMA Member
I wanted some advice from you guys the use their products. I am thinking about getting a bib parka combo; the predator fall gray looks good. Do any of you guys use this? I would be using it tree stand hunting late season. I was thinking Wolfskin lined with conformax/litelofed lined, is this too hot, or not hot enough? Are there any zippered pockets for the wallet/keys?

I am taking back my ScentBlocker crap, before my Iowa trip I bought the Outfitter jacket and Dream season pants. I was winded almost daily, and I did everything right. The dream season pants are literally falling apart, the stitching is coming out in many areas and the fleece material is very delicate. Not good pants for the woods. The Outfitter jacket is okay, it is just a little noisy because it is waterproof. Lesson learned
mad.gif
time to try something new.

Thanks in advance

Ryan

I have the bibs and the bowhunter pullover, I've been in love with them since day one. A few tips... if you get the bibs know that the cargo pockets will be on top of the thighs because there are full length zippers up each side, full pockets get in the way so I didn't justify getting them. The only thing I really suggest for any of the coats are getting all three arm/sleeve tighteners. I went with the Wolfskin in predator fall grey, the stuff is awesome! Burrs do not stick, and even if they do they brush off easier than anything I've ever worn. The Wolfskin is also very water resistant, I was shocked the day I hunted in a steady rain and did not get wet. I only got the Comformax Windbarrier lining in mine and for the most part, it's been all I needed to stay warm. I layer very lightly underneath and have stayed warmer this way than I did when I had several layers of my old stuff on. I'll probably wish I had the Comformax/Liteloft in January though. Oh, another couple suggestions are draw cords in the bibs to keep them snug when you aren't heavily layered. Keeps the "michilan man" look to a minimu. Double the fabric on the knees and butt as well, just makes sense since those areas are hit the hardest. I also had an extra draw cord put into the pullover. Any other questions, fire away.

Jeff has made or is making a killing off of me. I got the first shipment and have ordered several things since then. Great stuff in my opinion. Very durable and functional. The pocets combo is your option....cost is extra of course.

I was thinking about ordering alot of this stuff in the spring. Do you desing the whole thing completely? as in how many pockets you want/don't want? I will have more questions in the spring when I am gettin ready to order it. But I am planning on getting a bibs pants and probably a 3 in 1. Do the sleeves zip off of the coats into a vest? or do you have to get the vest seperate?
thanks
Tyson

Just how wind proof is their stuff? I know Muddies opinion, any others? More than anything else the wind makes me miserable even when its not very cold.

The 'Bonker

I've been wearing Cabelas Windstopper pullovers underneath my camo when it's been particularly nasty, has taken the wind out of the equation. Now, if I could only figure out how to keep my hands warm without making them sweat, for then they FREEZE.

muddy, ever try a glove liner, like underarmour, or one of the copycats? keep the sweat off your skin, should keep you warmer

Thus far whatever I try doesn't work, I'm blaming poor circulation to my hands at the moment. Going to try very lightweight polypropelene gloves under medium wool gloves all bought from army surplus. A co worker of mine swears by this combo, hopefully it works.
crazy.gif

Big thumbs up on the bibs! They are top notch and the full length zippers are awesome. They are so easy to put on and take off.

I just got the regular coat and love it all. I'll be adding some stuff to it this spring like bino holder, grunt tube, sleeve tightener. Little things you can get customized that will be nice.

It's nice to have a small american made company doing the work that is top notch. If you hunt as much as most on this site the price is well worth it. If you tear something or want something else done just return it to jeff and get it taken care of. This is probably the last camo I'll buy.

Now I just need to come up with the money for some new Danner Pronghorns and I'll be set for awhile.

Glad this post has come up as I have been talking to my wife about getting some of this for Christmas.
One thing that I haven't been able to find is, what is the difference between the Wolfskin and wool? Thanks.

I agree that it sounds like high maintenence. I was planning on gettin the wolfskin. So will the fall gray work in early october?

Fall grey will work, but the spring green works better!
wink.gif

I was scared of the wool at first, but think it wouldn't be as bad to take care of after a few washings. Main thing is wool would be a friggin MAGNET for burrs and stickers, the Wolfskin rules. I'm going to probably save up and get a wool vest to pack in, as well as a wool hat, keep the chest area and melon nice and warm when sitting, then tuck them away to keep 'em safe from burrs!

I am planning on using a different suit for early season with more color. Even though I do not believe in Scent blocker any more, I still have a Scent Blocker Buglight suit that has held up great over the past 5 years. I plan to continue to use Buglight suit. I repeat do not buy the Dream Season fleece the material and stitching is junk, after 10 hunts it is falling apart. Bass Pro did take them back.

I called Gray wolf woolens today, they have a 8 week wait on custom orders, ouch! I have done a lot of research and think they have the best thing going, I guess I will just have to be patient. Cabela’s has something similar but it does not claim to be water repellant, wind resistant, and the camo pattern is not ideal for tree stand hunting.

Yeah, Jeff is super busy this time of year, but you'll love the finished product when it arrives... for coyote season!
smile.gif

Top Bottom