Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

great morning!!

Liv4Rut

i shot a 140 class ten this morning, i dont have pics now but they will be posted whenever i get back to school. it all started this morning, i planned on moving my stand to fine tune it to a better spot, so i carried in a pair of climbing sticks and pole saw and everything else, well i sweated my butt off majorly , and froze myself to death on the stand, i wanted to at least make it to ten oclock but it was getting harder and harder by the minute, i kept having the phrase it will happen when least expected in my head, the morning was really slow, i seen a 130 class 8 and two does, at 940 i decided heck with it, im out of here, i grabbed the pull rope and just happened to look up and i saw a nice rack, so i grabbed the bow and grunted a few times. and i noticed movement inbetween him and me and it was a huge buck, so i watched him then i noticed a doe inbetween him and me, so i really got pumped, then all the sudden the whole timber erupted i had 8 bucks over 130 running all around. i wanted the big one but he was herding the doe away from me and i knew there would be no shot opportunity, so this really nice 10 pointer came charging in straight at me, and i pulled back and he just sat there for about 2 minutes facing me, i didnt want to take the shot, so waited him out, finally he turned broadside and i shot and 40 yards later he was down. it just made my day, and now alot less stress of wondering if i would ever get a shot in the last three days i get to hunt before shotgun season. the saying is true, it will happen when least expected!!!! now i got four doe tags to fill by friday!! rollin in the does baby!!
beerchug.gif

1005DCAO0027-med.JPG

Great story and congratulation's!!!I'm going out the next 3 day's as much as I can and I'm hoping it will all finally fall together for me.Post a pic if you can,sound's like a dandy.
waytogo.gif

Great Job Liv4Rut. You certainly lived up to your name this season. Persistence and patience paid off. Congrats

once again, congrats, nothing beats out on patience and persistance!! 4 doe tags?? phew, good luck on that!! for sure you'll get a shot at "growler" now!! of course you'll have to pass the 15 yard shot up for the doe that he's chasing!!
busted.gif

I love morning hunts, especially when they end in a gut-pile. Congrats on the patient hunt. There is something about touching a bow hoist rope that makes bucks magically appear out of thin air.

Congrats on your buck Liv4rut. I look forward to seeing the pics soon on this site. With all the buck activity on your hunting ground, you need to invest in a trail cam to capture some shots of all these 140-150 class bucks you keep seeing.

I was also curious about your 4 doe tags to fill comment. I remember you saying over on the running number of bucks post that you had already shot 3 does. That along with the buck you shot and your remaining tags is 8 tags? How did you get 8 tags? Landowner? Just curious...
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

glad to hear it came together for you. You even got to hunt most of the season. Perfect timing if you ask me. Congrats.
waytogo.gif

Thanks guys, i probably wont be able to get the pics up till sunday when i go back to school
wall.gif
Hawkeyefan, i got all the doe tags because i hunt the ammuntion plant in middletown , and those dont count against your state tags, so 3 outside the plant, 3 bow and 4 gun doe tags in the plant for doe tags. oh yeah, i also let the air out of an old doe this morning, three more to go by friday
peace.gif

great. sounds like the next few days for you are going to be action packed. Good luck on the does.
waytogo.gif

Thanks for clarifying that Liv4Rut. You must be pretty dedicated to drive 200+ miles to Middleton from Ames to hunt. Wow! I'd take up fishing if I had to make that trip everytime I wanted to get out.
wink.gif

Good luck filling the remaining 3 tags!

well i finally got home and got some pics up. here is me and my ole doe, she came unexpected too, another long cold morning, bear hugging the tree trying to get away from the wind, she came out of a thicket with a button buck, i drew back and got it on her , the wind picked up and threw my sights way ahead of her so i let down, then she came in to 20 yards pulled back let go and she went down in sight, got to love that !!!
smile.gif
oh yeah, and hawkeye fan, i should take up fishing, so far this hunting season i only put 6500 miles on my truck
doah.gif
should be over 10,000 come late muzzle
grin.gif

1005DCAO0069-med.JPG

Awesome story!!! Good luck with those does, hope to get out this week and get a crack at another deer. Awesome photo too.. You definitely should be proud
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

its hard to pick which picture you like the best when you got over a 100 on your camera
blush.gif
okay i will stop now, but i like this one alot
1005DCAO0018-med.JPG

your face is pretty shadowed in that pic. probably saved the camera.
tongue.gif
there's still dirt on your chin.
flame.jpg

Top Bottom