Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Great...

camo658

Any body about had it with this year? I'm about at that point..

Today, I headed to one of my hunting spots that I hadn't gotten a chance to hunt all year.. I was pretty excited to finally get out to this spot... When I walked down hill I was greeted by the horror of seeing the 40-50 ft tree, my stand was in, on the ground!! This tree was absolutely huge and to witness this massive tree bent over and on the ground took most of the wind out of my sails.. I should of taken pictures because it was quite the picture.. The tree was so massive that it ended up taking out at least one if not more trees with it. I'm guessing it fell from all the wind we had this fall or maybe earlier.

Sorry, I needed to vent..

Last edited:
LOL, I have had an eventful year myself. Either way, I love hunting and even though I definitely was down for a few days it didn't stop me. I just think at some point, the stars will align and it will happen. Let's see, I had a jealous uncle come down and take down every one of my stands that I hung in the summer, pulled out all of my stakes from all of my blinds and ruined all my blinds. This past weekend, I had a trespasser/coyote hunter blasting away on my land. By the time I was able to get out of my Warmbag and back to the road they were of course gone. Took one of our padlocked gates off the hinges and drove back on our property. Trust me, I can relate!!!!!

Last edited:
Wow...that does stink! I assume your stand was trashed out as well...

The ladder stand looked okay... The ladder though my be trash.. I'm just shocked by the whole ordeal.. A previous poster said, in an other thread, that..."I swear, if it isn't one thing it is another this year"! I thought that statement was really fitting.. When it rains it pours and it has been pouring all year for me lol..

LOL, I have had an eventful year myself. Either way, I love hunting and even though I definitely was down for a few days it didn't stop me. I just think at some point, the stars will aline and it will happen. Let's see, I had a jealous uncle come down and take down every one of my stands that I hung in the summer, pulled out all of my stakes from all of my blinds and ruined all my blinds. This past weekend, I had a trespasser/coyote hunter blasting away on my land. By the time I was able to get out of my Warmbag and back to the road they were of course gone. Took one of our padlocked gates off the hinges and drove back on our property. Trust me, I can relate!!!!!

Yeah, I was reading about some of your ordeal in an other thread.. I don't believe the old saying "A bad day ofhunting is better than a good day at work", anymore. I don't know about the rest of you but I have had some better days at work.. I hope the stars align soon because it'll be pretty soon when those bucks will be in there winter patterns and not cruising anymore..

Last edited:
Saturday morning was going to head out to a spot were i have been seeing 175 incher went out to my truck had a flat tire.So did not go hunting went out that evening to same spot & a guy shot the deer I was after saturday a.m{when I wanted to go but had a flat tire}He was still looking for it that evening,don't think he ever found it.Last night went to a spot & couldn't decide where to sit after changing my original decision on which stand to hunt in the only buck I seen went by the stand I was going to sit in before changing my mind!I have had lots of bad luck also.But keep on keeping on sooner or later it will happen maybe next year or muzzy season who knows!

Yeah, it sure does suck when it happens.

12135-486944_4093842099150_306849411_n.jpg

Saturday morning was going to head out to a spot were i have been seeing 175 incher went out to my truck had a flat tire.So did not go hunting went out that evening to same spot & a guy shot the deer I was after saturday a.m{when I wanted to go but had a flat tire}He was still looking for it that evening,don't think he ever found it.Last night went to a spot & couldn't decide where to sit after changing my original decision on which stand to hunt in the only buck I seen went by the stand I was going to sit in before changing my mind!I have had lots of bad luck also.But keep on keeping on sooner or later it will happen maybe next year or muzzy season who knows!

Man, that pretty rough stuff there..

I wasn't suggesting I was the only one going through things..

This year, in particular, has been rough all around for me. It's kinda funny because I thought this year was going to be my best year.. Boy, that sure hasn't panned out.. I will keep on trucking though..

I won't go through my list of things that went wrong..

Try getting chased by a skunk on the way to your stand!! And I am not joking......ran my ass off for 40 yds.

Yeah, it sure does suck when it happens.

12135-486944_4093842099150_306849411_n.jpg

I remember that thread, TH.. It's crazy.. I'm going to try to take the pictures of it tomorrow. The tree is about size of 7 or 8 of that particular tree..

Try getting chased by a skunk on the way to your stand!! And I am not joking......ran my ass off for 40 yds.

Ahahaha, Hey, that would've made one heck of a cover scent.. Ahahha

Why would you put a stand in a dead tree anyway? I feel for ya, I'm sure it sucks walking into your stand and finding that, but I feel like you should see that coming from a mile away if you are putting it in a dead tree.

Why would you put a stand in a dead tree anyway? I feel for ya, I'm sure it sucks walking into your stand and finding that, but I feel like you should see that coming from a mile away if you are putting it in a dead tree.

I did not put the stand in the tree. It was on a friends piece of property. I had hunted out of this particular tree location since 2007 with no problems.. Far as I know there was nothing wrong with the tree before this happened.. It was a really solid tree.. I'll take pictures tomorrow if it's not all gone.. My friend said it went down in a storm some time ago. I don't know how long ago though.. The area had a tornado go through last year but not right near this particular spot..

I did not put the stand in the tree. It was on a friends piece of property. I had hunted out of this particular tree location since 2007 with no problems.. Far as I know there was nothing wrong with the tree before this happened.. It was a really solid tree.. I'll take pictures tomorrow if it's not all gone.. My friend said it went down in a storm some time ago. I don't know how long ago though.. The area had a tornado go through last year but not right near this particular spot..

I was talking about TH's tree. Sometimes those big trees just go over because they are so top heavy. I wasn't trying to make it sound like you should have known better, the tree your stand was in might have looked perfectly healthy, TH's tree on the other hand looks like it didn't even have bark all the way up the tree.

Your story reminded me of the way I found one of my stands this year. The stand wrapped around another limb on the way down and peeled it right off the tree. Broke the strap and twisted the stand up.
picture.php

Hahahaha i am glad that i am not the only one who had this happen! I had a skunk chase me 40-50 yards last year while i was walking out of my stand last year. They are mean little suckers!

I was talking about TH's tree. Sometimes those big trees just go over because they are so top heavy. I wasn't trying to make it sound like you should have known better, the tree your stand was in might have looked perfectly healthy, TH's tree on the other hand looks like it didn't even have bark all the way up the tree.

Okay, good to know.​

I saw that you didn't quote TH's post. So, I thought you were talking to me.​

Your story reminded me of the way I found one of my stands this year. The stand wrapped around another limb on the way down and peeled it right off the tree. Broke the strap and twisted the stand up.
picture.php

Wow, I'm glad you weren't in that..

Update: Well, this day keep getting Greater and Greater:rolleyes: I went to another spot. There's a stand I have sat in at the edge of a timber at a totally different property. I come to find that there are people working inside the timber.. I don't know what they were doing for sure. I know that there were people harvesting trees several weeks ago(probably the same people) and they left the logs laying in front of the timber. From what I been told it sounds like there were some bad activity going on today..

I stated earlier that I would try and take pics of this "Great" day. I was able to get out today and decided to do just that.. Later, I didn't feel like going hunting due to feeling really tired from this long season.

Here are the pics for those who have a interest in this sort of thing... (Pic heavy)

Note: If you are not signed in, or a member of this site, you may not be able to see pics.

The Tree was not as big as I previous stated.. But it still sure was a big tree..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Top Bottom