Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Grunt Call?

Gang,
Be doing a lot of research on whitetail behavior and reading up some knowledge. I really did some trial runs with grunts and different styles and technique with grunt calls last season. I managed to bring in a few bucks during different times. Had a lot of fun learning too and was probably my most successful season with deer response.

There were a few times I felt my grunt call sounded too "fakey". Meaning, I felt like it wasn't deep enough, sounded too flat, etc.

I've been watching and reading some reviews on the Extinguisher grunt call. I really don't like buying into something unless I feel pretty confident with it, but as anyone have used one in the field? Do you like it? Just kinda interested in what everyone else uses for grunt calls and likes and dislikes...

..fire away..

PS: I have a Flextone Bone Collector grunt call..

I never heard of this call or know anyone who tried one. I have been looking for a good grunt call myself that has a lot of tone flexibility. I never cared for the Flextone that you have to squeeze to change tones. I just watched a you tube video and it seems like a good call, great reviews on Amazon.

Saw these calls posted all over the place during November. I almost pulled the trigger. I liked the fact you could dial different calls in. I currently run an old HS grunt call and I think the buck roar with the snort wheeze. I like the HS better but sometimes it's just not loud enough so I use the buck roar and I get the snort wheeze too. Sent from my iPhone using IW

Last edited:
I have the extinguisher call and really like it! Only thing I wish it had was a snort wheeze chamber! Not a big deal but would be a bonus on the call! Some grunt calls I've owned if you blow hard- say it's windy and deer is far away the call will cut out or sound nothing like a grunt...extinguisher call don't do that at all! I've only used the call for 1 season now but called in 3 bucks in the short time I had to hunt this year during rut!

Like my buck growl from MAD, on a side note. I've notice a lot more bucks snort wheezing than 5 years ago....

There is a show on the pursuit channel that pretty much exclusively centers around the illusion system products. Seems to work for those guys well and the ability to switch quickly from grunt to bleat would be nice. I never know what to believe with shows that advertise products though.

I like the Buck Roar too, growled a few mature buck in with it but probably called more mature buck in with a snort wheeze. I don't like carrying a lot of gadgets so I prefer to snort wheeze with my mouth, called them in that way from 100 yards so I don't see a need for a snort wheeze call.

Top Bottom