Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Guillotines vs. Bullheads

SEIowaDeerslayer

I think I already know the answers I'm going to get on this, but I need some advice. First off, last year was the first year I hunted turks with a bow and was able to take my first archery bird using the Guillotine. It worked like a charm, using 5" feathers with a right helical, flew right with my 125 grain field points.

Now here's the downside. The guillotines are a PAIN to put together, plus I about gave myself a migraine getting the straws put on each blade, then trying to keep them from falling off in the blind.

So here's ideally what I would like. I would like to pack a quiver full of arrows in, get setup, get my broadheads out of my pack, screw them on a few arrows, and be ready to go. I can't do this with the Guillotine. I have to have the heads already attached because they are a pain in the arse to put together in the dark because there are so many pieces. Since they're already attached I can't use my quiver either, I have to pack the arrows in by tying them down to my DB pack. By switching to the Bullhead, can I achieve what I am wanting? One piece, easy to setup in the dark? Also, those who have shot both, is there any difference in performance?

I checked Cabela's and the reviews on the Bullhead look great for the most part, and I know guys on here have success with them...just wanted to get everyone's opinion.

Bullheads look a lot easier. I know Limb really likes them. I think a big expandable is the only way to go for turkeys. I've used Rocket Hammerheads with great success.

I have never used the guillotines but a friend and I had great sucess with the bullheads last year. This was also our first year hunting turkeys with a bow

Bullheads rock. All I did was get a longer arrow because the head wouldnt make it thru the riser. Shot like a field pt with NO tuning. love them!!

I love the Bullheads. Easy to use and I bought the recommended Victory arrows and they fly like darts. There is nothing like seeing a red throated limb chicken going over backwards and doing the death flop 10 yards from the blind. I will likely not hunt with expandables again after last year with the bullheads... Just too fun! :way:

Magnus warranty is awesome.

Hard to beat some one that stands behind thier product:way:

Top Bottom