Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Harvest Report

OneCam

Let's stay with the trend and keep a running total of birds harvested this year.

I'll start - I Arrowed a nice Tom this morning 11" beard - 1" spurs - I'm guessing about 22lbs

1 - Eastern
? - Rio
? - Merriam

Was out this morning for a while. No bird yet. I had a couple birds gobble while still on the roost and had two hens fly down behind me. The hens clucked a little but then things got real quite. I had to pack up about 7:30 so I could get to work and saw two birds on a ridge 1/4 mile away. They busted me and snuck down the back side and were gone. Maybe tomorrow, don't want to be done too soon!

As I stated last week in "what season are you hunting" We had our Youth Learn to Hunt program this past weekend and had a blast. We had 12 students and mentors and we were lucky enough to have 6 of the students harvest gobblers. We had 3 adults and 3 jakes. The biggest bird going just over 24 lbs 10" beard and 1" spurs. All the kids saw birds and most worked some but just couldn't get them to come all the way in. I do believe we have added 12 more addicts to the gobbler chasing world!!
grin.gif

So that would take our total up to 7. Keep um coming guys!!
beerchug.gif

Make it 8.

Took a nice tom with my Knight muzzleloader shotgun at about 11:00 this morning. 10" beard and I'd guess around 23 or 24 pounds. Shot him at about 15 yards...should've had the bow instead
kickass.gif

Too much wind to have a great roost hunt this morning, but patience payed off again. Good luck all!

NWBuck

Mine should be number 9. 10.5 inch beard 23 lbs and one 1" spur and a half inch spur. Taken at 6:00 p.m. on the 14th with bow.
yay.gif

This one will bring us to 10. Took him at 8:15 this morning and he had a 10.5 inch beard, 3/4 inch spurs and I would guess his weight to be in the 25lbs range. Had several hens around my decoys and he was just about to kick butt on that rubber jake when I let him have it. Those hens just hung around wondering what just happened.

...make it 12. I took a beauty opening morning at 7:15. Shot him at 12 yards with my bow. 23.4 lbs. 1.5" spurs and 3 beards- 11.5"...7.5"...4"
bigshock.gif

Attachments

• 24804-three beards 2.JPG
    24804-three beards 2.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 8
Way to go TwoBeards...now you can change your name to ThreeBeards!! That a Rocket Sledgehammer by chance?? Passthrough or did you roll him over a few times. Post a pic of the hole if you have one.

Oh yeah, congrats for the 2nd time Limb. Jeesh, deaf & dumb birds all over. Saw 4 strutting toms off the bike trail just 100 yards from the lab buildings. I'm strapping my bow to my bike in the AM!!

As much as I hate being #13...I may as well chime in.I arrowed a small tom this morning.7" beard and barely,if at all, 20lbs.,but I dont care as it was my first with a bow.Needless to say,I'll be shelling out some more cash to get another tag
beerchug.gif

Make it 16. I got a double today. One 24# and one 21#, 10 1/4" beards and around 1 1/8" spurs (not real sure how you're supposed to measure spurs) Those Double Bull Blinds really do the trick!
doublegobble.jpg

Make it 18. Saturday I shot a 18 lbs. merriam with a 8-1/2 beard and 1" spurs. Monday I shot a 25 lbs. 2 oz. eastern with a 9-1/2" beard and 1-1/4" spurs. Both were with my trusty hoyt supertec and rocket stricknine.
grin.gif

Knight muzzle loader makes it 17. 231/2 lbs 10 1/2 in beard and 1 3/8 in spurs. Setup on a bird gobbling on the roost about 150 yards away and made a few clucks to get him interested. Just as it got light enough to see the decoy ok I heard a noise behind me and a bird started to fly down. A large gobbler hit the ground less than 15 yards from me. He had not made a sound and never did gobble but I could hear him drum as he displayed for the decoy. I had to wait a little while so I could see better but he started to walk away so I stopped him with a soft putt and when he stuck his head up I shot him. The true-glow sights were wonderful because it was only 10 min after 6:00. The fire must have shot of that barrel 20 feet or more and when the smoke cleared the bird was down. 23 big steps away.

I think we're up to 19, did a quick re-count. Saw those damn toms off the bike trail again, I'm contemplating a drive by bike attack tomorrow.
sniper.gif

I finished with my second in Iowa, Wednesday at 10:15am ... 19.5. 1.375, 1.375, 10. Will have pictures soon! Keep smashing'em guys!

Top Bottom