Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Harvest Report

...Tuesday Morning 9:50 a.m...had to call in his hens to get a crack at Tom...20 lbs, 3/4" spurs & 9" beard...this is the smallest (mature) tom I have harvested...I call him my second-year jake!
grin.gif

got mine friday morning at 6:55 19 1/2 lbs.11 in. beard and 1 in. spurs.
rambo.gif
that makes 25

Will have to add another one. Friday morning at 6:35 AM.....22 pounds, 1-1/8 inch hooks, 10-1/2 inch beard. Short hunt but very exciting as usual.

That takes us up to 26!
grin.gif

Shot a 20 pounder this morning at 6:30. Had a 10.5 inch beard and 1 inch spurs. Twelve yards broadside with bow. Flew straight up 10 feet and crashed straight down into ground stone dead. He came in with another and the other just kept strutting around the decoys after I shot. I could have doubled, but of course, I didn't have my second tag! Geez!

Anway, not a real big bird but tons of fun! It was payback day after missing a 6 yard gimmie on a monster longbeard a few days ago because my arrow hit the top 1/2 inch of my blind window! I'm still trying to figure out how that happened! 'Tiss turkey hunting.....

So what's the total now: 28, I think?

Hey good hunting to all.......Raven

Should be thirty now. Shot a S.D. Merriam Tuesday A.M. and a 26lb 9 1/2" bearded Iowa Tom Friday P.M.

Got mine Fri. morning.
24 lbs., 11 inch beard, 1 inch spurs
Had 2 of my buddies with me that got birds as well. One was 22 lbs, 10 inch beard and inch and a quarter spurs, the other was a nice 23 pounder with 2 beards, one 9 in, the other 4 inches with 7/8 in spurs.

Add 2 more. A friend and I shot two at the same time on video Saturday morning. Dave's was 17 pounds and 2 beards. The beards are 9 1/8 and 3 3/8. Mine was 18 pounds and had 3 beards. The beards were 10, 7 1/2 and 5 1/2. Made for a great day after having to deal with trespassers on Friday and Dave's truck breaking down Saturday morning.

Chris

Attachments

• 25035-607297-R1-9.jpg
    25035-607297-R1-9.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 8
Got mine Monday morning,
23lbs 4 oz
9 1/2" beard
1 5/16" spurs
not my best bird, but far from my worst.
Can not wait until 4th season.
bigshock.gif

The Easter Bunny put a gobbler in my basket last Sunday morning. Shot him with a recurve bow out of a Double Bull blind. Bathroom scales say 24# with 12" beard and 1.5" spurs. First turkey by any weapon.

I got mine on Tuesday
bow.gif
, 10.5 beard no spurs and 18 pounds. I'm getting really anxious for fourth season. Let's just hope we wont need a machete to get through the undergrowth.

add two, my budday and i got a 29 pounder with 10 inch beard and 1.5 inch hooks, and i got a 25 pounder with a 11 inch beard and 1 1/8 hooks. good luck to all!!

Add another one to the count. Went out Friday morning and called in a nice tom for my brother-in-law (his first turkey). He was about 22 pounds with a 10 and a half inch beard. Had him strut to within 4 steps of us on his way to the decoys...what a rush!!!!

My wife shot one with her bow last saturday, I shot one last sunday, and a buddy of mine in Missouri shot one with his bow on Monday. All were on video except for mine. Fun hunts and great action on all three. Still more time to go.....

I am not sure what the count is up to but madisonb&c shot a nice one on the 26th at about 2:00 o clock. It took us a 1:45 minutes to get him into range and was one of the coolest things either of us had ever done. It took a lot of moving and sneaking around. I will ask mb&c to tell the story in a post.

I finally get to add to the count. Was raining this morning and I had 2 come in silently from behind me at 15 yards. After they spurred and stomped on my jake, I began to turn to shoot. I snapped a twig and 1 of them putted and began to walk directly away. As I continued to turn, I snapped another twig. This caused the closer one to put his head up and the 2nd one to speed up his exit. I finished my swing and shot at the closer one. When the smoke cleared I had 2 dead turkeys in the field! The closer 1 was 19 yards from where I shot and the other one was 45 yards from where I was sitting. So, I took them both to town and called the dnr. They took the 1 I didn't tag. I'm guessing it was 18lbs. It had a 10.5in beard with 1/2in spurs. The 2nd one was 25lbs 9oz. 1 1/4 &1 1/8 spurs, 9 7/8in beard. Sooo, I don't know if you guys want to count that as 1 turkey or 2.
blush.gif
Definitely a hunt to remember.

Waukon1...wow what a story, yes I think we should add two for you since someone in the DNR will be having a turkey dinner it sounds like.
confused.gif

I re-added and the new total is
rambo.gif

Despite a gloomy day, the turkeys were gobbling hard in Missouri. Nothing was coming to the call where I was at so I changed positions where I had birds gobbling on either side of me all within a hundred yards. I started calling to the one gobbling the most. After a few minutes of silence, the bird that was in front gobbled about 60 yards away. I glanced over my shoulder to see the bird behind me coming across to ditch with another long beard. Now I had three toms closing the distance fast. To make a long story short, I wheeled around the tree toward the double, made the shot a 7 yards. Amazing thing is, I still could have killed the single. he came in to the sound of wing flutter of my dead bird. Anyways, chaulk the total up 1 more to make it 48.............
flame.jpg

Well this was my first morning out so far this year and it ended on a good note. Called one tom in but came in behind me and caught me. Putting the whole time. Then about 15 min. later I called in two more toms but were on the other side of a water way. They lost interest so I decided to take my spread down, putting just a hen in my pack and relocated. Well i was climbing up a ridge were i wanted to set up when i was just about to the top I that damn putting sound again. Sure enough a red and white head pokes up in front of me at 4 yds and I let him have it with No.4 shot. When i crested the top there were 2 more long beards just standing there. My tom flopped end over end all the way back down the ridge. I was afraid he was going to damage his fan but didn't. He weighed 21 lbs. 11 in. beard. and 7/8 in. spurs. so I think that makes 48 or 49. Next year I'm going to throw arrows at them!

Top Bottom