Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Harvester Crush Rib Sabots?

Anyone here use them? Last year I used the Hornady SST bullets and they slid down the barrel VERY easily, but this year I switched to the Barnes T-EZ bullets, and I've noticed that even though they are supposed to be easier to push than the other Barnes bullets, they are significantly harder to push down the barrel than the SSTs. I dont have too much issue with it, but my girlfriend really struggles with getting them down the barrel. She can do it at the range with some struggling, but I highly doubt she could get one down in the blind or stand.

Anyways, my local gun shop sells the Harvesters in a 50 pack for $10, so I'm thinking about giving them a try...

Can anyone tell me:

1) Do they push down the barrel easier than the Barnes bullets?

and 2) do the affect the accuracy at all?

Yes I have been using them for awhile. Yes they go down easier in my TC encore barrel. Can start them with my thumb. No they haven't affected my accuracy in my gun. I also use the Harvester Scorpion PT Gold bullets. Won't be changing this combo anytime soon.

Yes I have been using them for awhile. Yes they go down easier in my TC encore barrel. Can start them with my thumb. No they haven't affected my accuracy in my gun. I also use the Harvester Scorpion PT Gold bullets. Won't be changing this combo anytime soon.

Do you use the black ones or the red ones? I know they say the red ones are for smokeless powder, but I read an article online that suggested the red ones for loose powder like blackhorn, and the black sabots if you shoot pellets.

Same story here, been shooting the black sabots.

Do you use the black ones or the red ones? I know they say the red ones are for smokeless powder, but I read an article online that suggested the red ones for loose powder like blackhorn, and the black sabots if you shoot pellets.

I shoot the black sabots and Blackhorn 209.

Top Bottom